cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Normal Change - Not possible to set "Successfully Tested" unless the Maint. Cycle is set to "In Development with Release"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm doing some tests with ChaRM, Normal Change scenario.

As far as I know, the following steps would be the correct sequence (concerning development and test phases only):

1) Developers perform the correction in DEV and release their TASKS of the transport request

2) Developer Lead set the Normal Change document status to "to be tested"

3) In background, a Transport of Copies is created with all data previously stored in the original transport request. Then this ToC is transported into QAS

4) Change Manager set the Maintenance Cycle status to "Test"

5) Tester performs the test into QAS

6) Tester provides a valuable feedback and set Normal Change document status to "tested successfully"

According to the following SAP Portal article, it seems to be correct:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/48/db938dceba518de10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

During my tests, however, I have noticed that it is just possible to go from step 5 to 6 if the Maintenance Cycle status is set to "In Development with Release" (go a step back in the Cycle). Otherwise, I get the following error messages:

Warning Message Details Status was reset by system

Warning Message Details Action RELEASE_ALL cannot be performed during this maintenance phase

Warning Message Next status cannot be set because some actions cannot be executed.

Once I have done the Cycle status change, then it is possible to move from 5 to 6 without errors and then the original transport request is transported into QAS too.

Question: Is this the correct behavior or am I missing customizing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It is a normal behavior. The system does not allow the release or import on the TRs if the status of maintenance cycle is "Development Without Release".

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

It is kinda weird the steps sequence, since the Tester needs to tell the Change Manager to move the cycle's status before approving the correction done in QAS (successfully tested).

Perhaps a new action between "to be tested" and "successfully tested" could exist, in order to request the CM to perform the cycle update.

But OK, that's how it is.

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (0)