cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide KNA1-KATR7 field on customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our key users requested us to hide two fields in customer master data: kna1-katr7 and kna1-katr8.

They are located in XD03 > EXTRAS > ADDITIONAL DATA > Attribute 7 and Attribute 8.

The key user do not want this field to be displayed, change or maintained (contents of matchbox).

Searching through F1 function of the field > Customizing > Logistics - General > Business Partner > Customers > Control > Define Attributes.

But it only relates me the contents of the match code, available entries.

I have also searched for several other options related to client and none seem to be solve the problem.

Other than enhancing standard code using EXITs or BADIs, does anyone know a way to solve this?

Thank you very much,

Amadeus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amadeus,

I think, you can restrict the users by creating a new field group and assigning the required KNA1 field names to that field group. And we can maintain the authorization for this field group.

Please go to the following menu path and read the documentation for more details:

IMG -> Logistics General -> Business Partner -> Customer -> Control -> Define and assign field authorization groups.

Best Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although it works very well as locking up the fields for edition, it does not reflect the scenario we have here in our system. All users have access to this authorization object F_KNA1_AEN.

To perform a change in this situation would require a lot more time and effort than enhance the SCREEN-VISIBLE attribute in KNA1_MODEL_OUTPUT (as our internal consultants have suggested).

Thank you all for the explanations!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

WB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Customizing view V_T055 (SM30) : "Customer field group fields

Result look this :

BR.

Allan Pizaia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to make Attribute 3 (KNA1/KATR3) a mandatory field for a specific account group in customer master

Thanks in advance

Jebaraj Alexander

brunobex
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Satya K responded faster but I made a debug and I have important information for contribuition: The authorization object is F_KNA1_AEN and the field can only be the no input and can not be hidden.

BR,

Bruno Xavier.