Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 SPS11 sent e-mails

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i´m facing a problem with my e-mails sent from solution manager when try to sent a EWA.

the e-mail it´s flagged as sent as completed in transaction scot, but in transaction SOST the error appears with the notification that the recipient it´s unknown...

i´ve follow all of the steps to configure SOST and SCOT but the problem continues, i never receive a e-mail from solution manager, in the past i have configured this but with solution manager 7.0

just for your information, i don´t have any mail server inside my company, and as domain default i'm using "company.com"

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To send emails from any SAP system, you need a SMTP relay server, usually listening on TCP port 25.

Could be inside or outside of your network. Also, that SMTP server configuration needs to be adjusted to accept the incoming requests.

Check this example (for a internal SMTP relay server):

Also, you need to schedule a batch job to actually send the emails. The step tab should be configured like this:

Regards,

MM

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

i suppose that is my problem, because i never configured this with an outside smtp relay server.

how do i et the information to our e-mail work?

we have e-mail from yahoo, now can i put in mail smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com but how can i do the autentication?

Thanks

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1747180.

From my evaluation, to support TLS (solution used by Yahoo) you need BASIS version 7.31 SP6 at least. Solution Manager is on 7.20, so bad luck...

Regards,

MM

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

i'm going to fix this, i suppose the best/easy chance it's to setup a mail relay server between my server and yahoo.

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved...with the installation of o mail relay server in another machine...hmailserver...

thanks

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Glad to hear that's solved. Please don't forget to mark the issue as solved.

Best regards,

MM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Please activate trace for outgoing messages.

Send a new test mail / resend an existing email.

Then check for the Trace genarted in SOST.

The issue/error will be caputured there.

If unable to determine, copy-paste the trace here.

Also, please execute command "telnet <ip_address_of_exchange_server> 25" on the command prompt of SolMan server session.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

oskar73
Participant
0 Kudos

i will do the trace,

he telnet works perfectly

Thanks