cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External KPRO Location, exception for email atachments

paulo_sousa3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I redirected KPRO documents location to an external archiving server (OpenText).

The idea is store the sapoffice user files in a external storage avoiding the ERP (ECC 6.0) database growth.

I performed the folowing steps:

1- creat a Content Server (SO) in OAC0
2- apply OSS note 668271
3- in trans. OACT: create ZSOFIXOS category using Content Rep. SO created on step 1
4 -in tras. SKPR08  I changed SOFFPHIO|SOFFDB entry, adding "ZSOFIXOS" to field "New cat".

All works fine. Attachments created in SapOffice GOS are stored in the external server, not in SOFFCONT1 table.

The problem is that with this configuration, email attachments also stored in the external server.

I would like to avoid this.

Is there anything I can in order to keep email attachments in SOFFCONT1, where latter they could be deleted using
report RSBCS_REORG?

Thank you

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

as GOS is using the SAPOffice environment to store attachment. In standard you cannot redirect them separately.

GOS uses SAP Office functionality to store attachments, plus creates links between documents and business object.

The SAP Office related KPro configuration can be modified to store documents on another contnent server.

This leads that if this configuration is made all the binaries stored using SAPOffice will be stored there.

I hope this clarifies.

Best regards,

Janos

paulo_sousa3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Janos, for your (good) explanation it seems to me that there are two diferent options:

1 - redirect KPRO document location to external content server. This will avoid periodic maintenance tasks, but the unwanted email attachments will also be archived on the content server, using disk space.

2 -keep KPRO document location on SOFFCONT1 and use RSBCS_REORG report to delete junk files (email attachments). After cleaning up, use report RSIRPIRL to move the remaining items (user files) to the external content server.

Is this right?

Thank you

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. yes you correct, please check note 1634908

2. regarding this I'm not quite sure, as KPro has to know where to search the documents. you can give a try, but I'm quite sure, that it will work. So I don't think without maintaining SKPR08 it will work after the relocation.

If you would like to learn more about reorganization, here are some useful notes: 988057, 569123, 1641830

Best regards,

Janos

Answers (0)