cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing based on Product Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wanted to hit an extra discount based on product hierarchy. I have completed the following steps

1. Defined Product hierarchy structure - Level 1 as Z0001 and Z0002; Level 2 as Z0001 and Z0002 and Level 3 as Z0000001, Z0000002, Z0000003

2. Assigned Product Hierarchy to Matl 1573 as Z0001Z0001Z0000001 and Matl 1580 as Z0001Z0001Z0000002 in Material Master

3. Added Condition type K148 in pricing procedure

4. Maintained K148 records in VK11 for extra 10% for Z0001Z0001Z0000001 valid from today till forever.

However, when I create a sales order, this element does not kick in. The Pricing Analysis reads the condition, but states "No condition Record found".

I even tried adding the Material Pricing group and the actual material 1573 while maintaining K148, but I still get the same message.

Any idea where am I going Wrong? See screen shots as attached

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue is now resolved. I realized that I had assigned the Product Hierarchy to the material in MMR only in basic data - there is another Product Hierarchy definition field in Sales Area data which I had not filled up. To be honest, the system did give me a warning to define PH for every sales org., but earlier I just clicked thru the warning. Now that I have gone back to the MMR and defined the PH for all the materials in the Sales Area data as well, the pricing condition K148 is getting picked up in pricing.

Once again thanks to Navaneetha for showing me the hint.

Harish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The pricing analysis is clearly saying that it is not possible to read the values in the sales order for the values, Material, Group and Subgroup.

I hope you have not done any development for this and that is the problem. Ideally when you create product hierarchy levels and include these values in the field catalog, you should also enable a small coding to bring these fields into the pricing communication structures like KOMG, KOMP for item level.

You should ideally take a user exit change in the include MV45AFZZ in the form USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP.

As a check point, please check the following.

Lets say your fields in condition table are A, B and C

1. Check if these fields are available in the structures KOMG and KOMP, atleast in KOMP

2. If so, check the form USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP if these fields in the structure are updated. If not enable a piece of code like

MOVE VBAP-PRODH to TKOMP-A, etc..Here in VBAP-PRODH you should take only the first 5 characters and move to TKOMP-A. Your ABAPer can help you on this.

Similarly 6-10 characters should be moved to B and 11-18 to C

If this is done, your pricing analysis will clearly show the values and your condition records will be fetched in pricing.

You can ask me if you need any information on this. But your ABAPer himself should be able to help you better.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navaneetha for your detailed reply.

Even I was wondering why the pricing analysis was not reading the main group, group, and subgroup. That definitely is the cause of the pricing condition not being read.

However, I have not done any coding / ABAP changes. I have defined product hierarchy in customizing, assigned the same hierarchy levels in Material Master, and then in VK11 for K148 condition.

I am a pure functional guy, and I do not any technical ABAPers with me. I am working on the consolut training client and we do not have an access to modify access tables there, as they are cross client.

With this, can you give me specific help to resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to be necessary to put the value of material pricing group (01) too on condition record K148. Realize that it is null in VK12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I even tried adding the Material Pricing group and the actual material 1573 while maintaining K148, but I still get the same message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen on sales order pricing analysis that material pricing group is 01.

Can you make sure value of this atribute in MM03?