Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection in EWM - Partly accepted scenario

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I need help regarding partially accepted scenario. For example out of 10 Cases/Item XYZ of qty 10, 4 are good and remaining 6 are not good. Business wants to accept only those 4 and return remaining 6. In this scenario, how do we configure the follow up actions? Do we get item/quantity wise updates form ECC? I have maintained quality score 50 against decision and assigned below PTWP action to it. Whenever that decision code was used in ECC, it is properly updating inspection document in EWM. But EWM, is making the 100% qty as Accepted with follow up action PTWP.

1. 1.      Do we need results recording in ECC for this scenario?
  2. 2.      Do we need to implement any BADI to select which Case/Item can be accepted/rejected?
  3. 3.      Is HU mandatory for performing QI in EWM?

In the EWM system, I could not configure more than 1 follow up action for a decision code.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Active Participant

Hi All

Is anyone worked on partially accepted scenario in EWM?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have configured the system to partially accept the inbound stock. It is working fine now.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

amitcherukuri
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I also need to do EWM-QI setup for my project. Can you please  share the steps you performed?.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

check this thread if you want to do inspection in ECC. or if you are planning to do inspection in EWM alone, just leave external system related configs.

thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasidhar,

How did you configure partial scenario and in which system ?

I am trying to build a POC with partial release. The only way I found was to take UD in eWM for an HU. But still obliged to take UD in ECC for the full inspectin lot.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Dan BOURGEOIS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sasi,

Even our requirement is the same where we are needed to partially accept and reject the remaining stock. Can you tell us the config which is required in this case?

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member234224
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

I completed the POC by implementing a new functionality in ECC.

Please check notes 1801763 and 1953900.

Then from QA11, you will have new function button that will open a eWM pop up screen where you can take usage decision at HU level.

For achieving this, you will need to :

- Create an RFC connection with trusted connection - SM59

- Configure a dialog RFC connection - BD97

- create a trusted connection in eWM, by entrying your ECC system. - SMT1

- User must be created in eWM with authorization object S_RFCACL

Regards

Dan

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back on this. Btw, is this about carrying Quality Inspection in ECC?

I want to partially reject the quantity in EWM in a work center(/SCWM/QINSP) and then send it to a storage type designated to handle the rejected stock. This should happen automatically where a Warehouse Task should get created.

Have you explored the option stated above?

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member234224
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Nickhil,

Yes, at the end the only way to do this partial rejection is to proceed in eWM : /SCWM_QINSP.

One option can be to manage a following action with  a transfer to a storage type managed with specific stock type (blocked stock).

In our case we used badi /SCWM/EX_QFU for changing the stock type after usage decision.

What I was describing was just a way to execute in eWM remotely, directly from a single entry point which is QA11 in ECC (note 1801763 & 1953900).

Regards.

Dan BOURGEOIS

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Can you mention the steps that would need to be carried out to partially reject the stock in the Quality workcenter? (I have POSC set up which has DECON - QI - PUTAWAY)

- I have the Codes configured along with the follow up action.

- A WPT(Copy of 9999 with destination St Tpe 8040) is assigned to the follow up action D.

The issues that i am facing/clarifications that i need are:

1. Does the HU for which i want to partially reject the stock needs to be repacked with the quantity that has to be rejected or there is another way to reject a qty.

2. Warehouse Task is not getting created to the 8010 storage type mentioned as destination.

It would be great if you could address my concerns in detail.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

We have implanted note 1953900 on ECC side. 1801763 is already present in EWM. When I click on “EWM Inspection Lot”, it is in error status. It is looking for inventory in “QI Area”. In my opinion, it is not required to set up POSC for this and move inventory to QI area for inspection.

I found BADI /SCWM/EX_QM_STOCK_INSP_EXT in note 1801763. The note 1801763 suggests that BADI enhancement needs to be used to achieve QI in final warehouse bin. 

I am wondering if you had to perform in enhancement in this BADI.

Appreciate if you could provide any suggestion or direct me on what enhancement needs to be performed in BADI.

Please see below for screen capture.

Thanks,

Laxmi.S