cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Old System Patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm trying to tidy up various file systems on our production server.

I have applied quite a few HR support patches over the last 12 months across the DEV, QA and PRD landscape.

Is there a transaction that will allow me to delete old/imported support patches

OR

Is it the case of going into /usr/sap/trans   and /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and manually deleting the

old .PAT and .SAR files myself ??

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no way to undo the ABAP patches once already implemeted in the system. Only solution is to
restore the system to a state before you applied those patches.

Deleting the PAT and ATT files from ../EPS/in/ directory does not undo the patching.

Regards,
Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to remove the obsolete .PAT files and .SAR files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Then, you can just delete them from the file system if the packages they contain have been implemented. But, deleting the files will not undeploy or delete the packages they contain from the system.

I hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can remove files from usr\sap\trans\EPS\in:

• Transaction:  SPAM in client 000
  • Menu:  Environment --> Electronic Parcel Service
  • Menu:  Goto --> Inbox
  • Select the relevant patches and click on the trash can button to delete them.  Their status will then change to "D".

You can also remove data files of old transports, including support packages via tp.  Just check the documentation via tp -help.

The sar files can technically be deleted as soon as they have been unpacked to the pat files.  There is no tool, since you can store them wherever you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is also a option to remove the PAT files.
You can go to Electronic Parcel Service directly using the transaction SEPS
but you will not be able to delete the SAR files from here. That have to be done from OS level.

I have seen some cases where I deleted the files from SEPS and it showed as "D" means deleted
were not deleted from filesystem. This is rare case but happenes. So best option is to clean up from
file system directly.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Tapan for all your answers, much appreciated.

Andy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks guys for all your replies.

Susan that was just the thing that I was looking for, thank you

Andy