cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Facing Problems for Forwarding a request Scenario???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some peculiar problem while forwarind a request.

My Main Path is like this: Manager->Role Owner

Routing Rule is enabled at "Role Onwer" Stage if it has violations. It is correclty getting routed to "responsible" person in cas it has violations.

Now next logical step could be that, the "responsible" person may need some business justifications for these violations. Therefore, forwarding option is enabled for him at this stage (Z_VIOLATIONS). When he forwards a request to manager, for example, request is going to him successfully.

But what is strange is that:

1. Stage is still Z_VIOLATIONS

2. All options enabled for Z_VIOLATIONS are also available to Manager (at Z_MANAGER Stage)!

For example, I have set up Manager stage in below way:

1. approve/reject request as a whole

2. Hold Request

"FORWARD" is not enabled at Manager stage.

But when a request comes to him (Manager) after forwarding by "responsible" person from Z_VIOLATIONS stage, I noticed that, even "FORWARDING" option is available to him! And stage does not change. The stage is still Z_VIOLATIONS and does not change to Z_MANAGER!

Second problem is that, I have disabled some of the fields at all approver levels. But when "responsible" person forwards a request to a Manager, immediately all the fields are displayed and that too "enabled"

This is quite strange behavior of the application.

Can anybody please advise me in this?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

It is working correctly, as you are forwarding it to manager at stage Z_VIOLATION, this function will not change stage as workflow is already at Z_VIOLATION, forward is just a subfunction to get details. This doesn't meant to be change the stage.

To change the stage you have reroute function. but it too has some limitations.

"FORWARDING" option is available to him!

As I said forward does not change the stage so rule of Z_VIOLATION is only applicable to manager, he too can forward the request, so forward it allowed to him.

BR,

Mangesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for your reply.

This means that, whatever settings successor stage has, will be available to other persons in predecessor stages.

This means that if a Manager (at Z_MANAGER) forwards a request to a requester for clarifications, then does it mean that all the "AUTHORIZED" actions at Z_MANAGER's stage are also available to a requester?

From my experience as I shared with you above, this is the logical event. And if this is like this, then we have a very BIG BUG in the system!

A request can be forwarded to anyone with less permitted actions and play with it!

Can you please share your thoughts/experience on this?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faizal,

You got it correctly, but as you said it should be with less actions, for example main manager may have approve, reject, hold etc, but forwarded person should not have approve/reject....he/she must only have submit/forward.

Forwarded person should not have function to approve or reject.

can a forwarded person approve or reject?

Is it not working this way.?

BR,

Mangesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

I think we are in sync now.

As far testing is concerned, I just tested the scenario which shared with all of you at the starting of this thread. If I analyze your reply and compare it with my recent experience, then it makes sense what you said.

But as far forwarding it to a requester (with less authorizations) by a Manager, I need to check and and confirm if it is behaving as expected. I will update you shortly on this.

If you recall, the second half of my problem was that, when a request is forwarded at a stage, ALL the fields under user access tab are enabled and displayed! Though mos of them were hidden!

I really dont understand this behavior of the application. Why it is enabling and displaying all the fields under user access tab ONLY after forwarding a request? This is very confusing and immature application behavior!

For business reasons, these fields were hidden from business users. All of a sudden they are visible and posing lots of questions in front of business!

Can you please help me understand this and resolve this issue? I dont have any clue to investigate this issue yet!

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Faizal,

As you said you had hidden other tabs in access request, I am considering they are working in normal approval scenario and you are getting all tabs displayed only in case of forward.

I don't have system access right now but if you are in hurry, please check if you have any other form used for request forward in SE80 the same way you had searched it for normal ACCESS_REQUEST_OIF dynpro application.

It seems system is using separate dynpro application for forward in which too you have to hide tabs.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Mangesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Part 1 of the problem - Forward:

I tested by forwarding a request to requester with less authorizations. I noticed that he has only options:

- Forward request (Both request and role levels)

- Submit

When requester tried to submit the request, it gave some MSMP error and approve/reject authorization error. I think requester does not have "sap_grac_access_approver" role to approve/reject requests, therefore it gave this error. But this is purely an application bug.

If anybody can forward request to anybody with less authorizations, then this problem is envitable. This IS JUST a BIG HOLE!

Secondly when a requester tried to forward a line item (out of 2), one got forwarded to selected user and for another line item, it again gave same error. I think I need to investigate this further.

Then I, as an Administrator, manually used "RETURNED TO" option and returned the request as a whole to respective path/stage. Then it followed correctly.

I think I need to further understand its behavior

Part 2 of the problem - All Fields enable in "User Access" Tab:

Firstly, not all the tabs are getting visible, it is only all the fields appearing in "USER ACCESS" tab.

Actually, I had done "End User Personalization" in SPRO and there I simply made all unwated fields invisible. In fact, I changed the EUP ID 999 (Default) and it used there, I believe.

This is working absolute fine and I did not notice this problem so far. However, I notice this problem after using the "FORWARD" request option.

Let me also tell you that some how at all stages, EUP ID is mentioned as 000. I dont know where it came from. I noticed this before, but as application was behaving appropriately, I felt reluctant to investigat it.

Do you think that application is getting confused between these two?

EUP ID#999 (Default, and I maintained in SPRO)

EUP ID#000 (Dont know where it came from)

What do you think, should I replace '000' with '999' and check?

Does it make sense?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

Big post.....hushh...

For first part.

Less or as admin forwarded person should only have these two options that is how it works in my system,

- Forward request (Both request and role levels)

- Submit

If forwarded person can approve or reject it, check if he/she is approver for the stage.

I think forward is only for information forwarded person cannot/should not approve or reject the request, so forward to anybody is fine as per me, as it is like free functionality to get info through system.

For Second part.

Though the user access tab is open for forwarded person, please check if he/she can change it or not.

You can check with 999 maintaining in task setting and see if it has any impact.

BR,

Mangesh

Answers (0)