cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order reason not able to enter for ZFDR with only one sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When am creating FOC retrun sales order with the order type ZFDR( FOC returns) with sales area XXXX-XX-XXsystem is not displying the any existing data of Order reasons,

Where as when am trying to create with other sales area( Example YYYY-YY-YY) with same order type it is allowoing

At the same time when am creating differning order type (Example ZRE- returns) with  first sales area xxxx-xx-xx sytem is allowing to enter order reason.

what coudl be the reason?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surya prakash

For your query JP is right. It is not standard behavior and you have to check with your ABAPER which userexit is preventing you to enter order reason for your sales are and document type combination.

TW Typewriter and Jyoti Prakash

There are two parts of this thread.

1   Actual issue i.e. to identify the reason why system is not allowing order reason for one sales      document type and sales area combination. This part is not basic one and you can't find the      reason from Google unless some expert comments on that like JP did in this thread.

2   Second part is to find that userexit which is causing the issue. There might be many userexits and      there are thousands of threads in SCN explaining and discussing about SD userexits. One can      find userexits easily from SCN.

Now the question is that what OP asked was about part one or part two. If it is about part one then in my opinion this thread shouldn't be point free one. If it was about part two then there was no reason even to raise this thread and this thread could have rejected.

This is what I feel and moderators are well informed and expert and they can comment better than me.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam, JP,

For me, this is not a question to be marked as points-free!

This thread could have some logic set because of specific business processes and this type of information is priceless (to record in SCN, for members - experienced and beginners alike)

The functionality (and related configuration) of Order reason is less and straight-forward. There is lots of material on the internet too. I searched the internet, before replying to the OP. But could not find anything specific and clear enough to help him.

The point is not the number of searches on internet but it should be the number of relevant / beneficial searches.

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

I appreciate your initiative of voicing your views. Another trait of a thought leader.

TW

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear surya prakash,

kindly compare the sales document type configuration settings of ZFOC and ZFDR in VOV8 . so that their might be some settings were missed ,for your reference i am attaching the screenshot

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

Kindly let me know even i too have the same doubt what TW have raised. In which case the tread will became a points free tread?

thanks,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderators,

Could you please convey the reason for making this a points-free thread?

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surya,

Please create / save the sales order with this sales area and customer, without the order reason. Can you create an order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thank you for your reply. Yes i was able to crete sales order and could saved it also.

Please let m know if you need any further details?

thnaks,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surya,

In change mode, VA02, in field Order reason, can you see any drop-down options?

Please paste that here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you TW for your reply.

Please find the below.

thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surya,

For the other sales area, and keeping the customer, material and sales document type same; can you paste the sales order with the order reasons populating (in drop down)?

Thanks!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide screenshot from OVAU or SPRO - .... - Order Reasons.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Please find the below screen shot.Created with different sales area with same customer, material and same document type.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

thank you for your reply. Please find the below, due to some restriction am not able to provide the description.

thanks,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This not standard behaviour. If you can or take help of ABAPer to check enhancement done for this, probably in userexit_check_vbak in MV45AFZB.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

thank you for reply. Will check with ABAPer and get back to you.

thanks,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP,

This is not a basic or commonly asked or could be found by searching type of question. So this probably should not be converted to a point-free thread.

Probably on the face of it (initial reading) moderator must have thought it is a basic question but it is not. Please look into this thread and evaluate if this should be turned back to a thread with points.

SD forum is a one with heavy traffic. Moderators are doing a good job (dealing with quantity of threads and maintaining good quality). Kindly look into this request.

TW

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW & Surya,

Thanks for appreciating our efforts.

Well, your assumption is correct. Indeed it is basic question. Therefore, no need to put emphasis that one should put some amount effort on search & trail before coming up with specific queries. If you goggle with search term "sap sales order and order reason", you will get "About 14,200 results". In most of the thread you will find mention of userexit.

I hope that suffice your requirement.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jp,

As you said, i had to maintain the list of Order reasons in one Z table (ZSD_XXXX) with the combination of Sales org +Sales order type

Example : 1000 + ZFDR = 22 (Engineering Devlopment)

then system allowed to enter the Order reasons from drop down list.

This i came to know after discussing with my sernior colluge who has been working for long time.

this is exisitng process which other business units are doing this.

The current requirement came recently for one Sales organization with this sofar this ZFDR( FOC returns) process not done, hence this z table not maintained for this Sales org.

After maintaining now, system allows now.

thanks for all your valubale time, i don't have other option (to answer the question as Correct answer) but to say thanks

Thank you all once again. Sorry for late update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have assigned the order reason to sales org and order type in

SPRO- sales and distribution  ->Sales->sales doc->Sales doc header->Assign order reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

thanks fo reply.

Can you please re confirm the path, as i dont see the Assign order reason in below path?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its in the same path in my system.screenshot attached

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anita,

I believe you are sharing screen of SAP for AFS. And you can compare the same with screenshot provided by Surya.

Thanks, JP