cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Max DB database on the same server of Oracle Database for content server Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After all the suggestions and also the reply from service market place the content server cannot be installed on Oracle Database. It is possible only in MAX DB Database.

Now the real problem is after seeing all the discussion our administrator wants me to install the MAX DB Database on the same server where the Oracle Database is already installed. Is it possible to install the Max DB and Oracle in same server to install content server for saving the files in filesystem.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Harsha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Are you going to use the same ERP server for Content server as well? Are you planning to store the documents of this ECC system to the content server only?

If yes, what is the use of that, Anyways all the documents will be stored on this server only for this ECC system. Please go through the link given by Mr Saxena above, that will give you a clear picture of how the content server works.

You can install content server with Max DB although you already have oracle installed on your linux server.

I would suggest you to check the stuff about content server and get your concepts cleared up before going ahead. if you are not clear, you may end up crashing your existing ERP system as well.

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

You are not going to be installing MaxDB on Oracle, Its a DB just like Oracle. Which Operating System are you using?

I am certain that you can install Maxdb on this server as well, only thing is make sure your DB Id is different from what oracle is having and Maxdb should not be using same ports as oracle for internal communication.

While installing Content server, change the storage directory as well.

Post here if having any issue.

Regards,

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Linux OS in which we are using Oracle database. Recently we take over a project easy DMS which requires max DB database and apache Directory. Whenever I try to Install i Have Many questions regarding this it is directly linking to database, but i want to save my files at file system level.

Can you please provide me the links where the softwares and documents regarding this project are available.

Thanks,Regards,

Harsha.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Content server would be a separate server which will be used for storing documents. It will be connected to your ERP system via T type RFCs for document transfer.

Are you trying to make any of your existing ERP server as content server ? If not, you can uninstall Oracle DB and install Maxdb. if you are, I think you can install Maxdb on this server as well.

Just make sure, both the DB are not using same port number while installation.

Update after you are done.

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

As you thought is correct we have asked to install MAX DB on Oracle too.

Oracle is our Primary Database we cannot uninstall we want it for our live testings. We want to have the content server for easyDMS which is possible only with the Max DB so we also want to install Max DB on Oracle to have a file system repository to save the files at file system level.

Is this possible without any damage to our test server by installing th Max DB on the same oracle database.

Thanks, Regards,

Harsha.