cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Item snapshot version creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to create the PPM item snapshot version automatically through a program. If any of you have come across this kind of a requirement where you used a BAPI or some class to create it, then please let me know. This is for PPM Item and the type is Snapshot. Here another important thing is that I have to maintain the 'Notes' section. This seems to be a bit of a challenge. I have tried using /RPM/ITEM_VERSION_CREATE BAPI. But, this doesn't have all the information, neither does it have a parameter to create notes. I'd really appreciate your help here. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Bapi --> BAPI_BUS2172_SNAPSHOT_CREATE  (BAPI Project: Create Snapshot Version for Project)

You use this BAPI to create a snapshot version of the operational project definition from parameter PROJECT_DEFINITION_GUID.

The parameter IV_VERSION must contain a valid version number that is permitted for snapshots. Make sure that no other snapshots with the same version key already exist for this operational project.

Note that you cannot start the update in the cProjects environment using the COMMIT_WORKcommand, the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT BAPI, or the BapiService.TransactionCommit method for technical reasons.