Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW change tax classification customer only with Direct Input

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I created an LSMW for the change of tax classification of a customer with Direct input.

Program RFBIDE00

Object 0050

Method 0000

The LSMW works fine and changes the wanted tax classifications of a specific country. Only one thing is bothering me and that is if I run the program in the foreground then almost all views of changing a customer like general data and sales are data is marked. It runs through all fields, but changes nothing, except the wanted tax classification. Since I only need the billing view of the sales are data I wonder is there a setting option to unmark General data and also unmark the sales, shipping and partner functions of the sales are data.

Since I only pass the tax fields ALAND, TATYP and TAXKD and the key values of the customer other fields won't change, but I think if I skip unnescessary views/TABs that performance will be better. I have to update approx 1.000.000 customers.

Regards Kees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Van,

Direct Input will be leading to all the screens as per the standard program you used

you cannot skip tab if you use direct input method

You can try in Background method instead of foreground

or else

you can run recording method to update only Tax columns

hope it is clear

thanks

santosh

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santos,

I was afraid of that. I created the Direct input LSMW after I discoverd that my recorded LSMW wasn't that fast. To my opinion Direct input should be faster then recording, but I am not sure.

By the way, do you know how to keep the batch input of the Direct Input LSMW, after succesful processing it is deleted automatically?

There is a field caalled XKEEP in structure BGR00, but I can not assign it in the step 5, because BGR00 doesn't contain any field.

I use 46C now.

Regards Kees

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually believe that you do not see what I see as you have not made your basic settings.

You can change this setting in field Mapping from menu Extras > Layout. You get then a pop-up to define the layout

I prefer and recommend to set each field in the layout active

then you should see the screen like this:

as you see it has the XKEEP field and you can click the button Constant to assign a X to it.

This import method is not a direct input, it is a batch input.  The speed is certainly not as quick as a direct input.

How is your structure relationship setup?

I would recommend to click the glasses icon next to the program name in step 1 of your LSMW and on the next screen set the radio button to Documentation and click Display. There is quite a long docu which explains some specialties for the taxes as well.

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your reply. I have seach in many forums and found out that there should be an option Extras -> Layout. I could not find any (other version perhaps, min is at 46C)

Let me explain how I checked that.

I double click on "  5 Maintain field mapping and conversion rules", then goto to change mode and the check the menu. The options under Extras start with Check syntax and then Documentation, Auto Field Mapping, but no option Layout.

Is there some other setting needed or are you talking about version 6.00?

Regards Kees

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot really remember any single detail of 46c system, but I did migrations in 46c and  I think I always had the view like I posted it, as I had to add my coding already in the very first migration, so this at least tells me that it was either by default this way or it was already possible in 46c (maybe in  a different menu)

Are you certain you have the  full admin rights?

Answers (0)