cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between warehouse data and storage type tabs in product master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If the product is maintained in Warehouse data tab with storage types in order of X, Y and Z and in storage type tab storage types are maintained in order

of Y, X, Z. As per my knowledge if the system considers for putaway with Warehouse data tab, what is the use of storage type tab?

if i am wrong, how does systems works with those tabs and in which cases (Putaway and Replenishment and any others etc..)?

Can you please clarify me on this difference?

Thank you...

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to understand the basic difference of Warehouse Data Tab and Storage Type Data Tab here.

Warehouse Data Tab: We use Warehouse Data Tab, when, we need to use PACI/SRCI Indicators to influence our Storage Type Search Mechanism.

Storage Type Data: When you wanted to do Fixed Bin Replenishment, Random Bin Replenishment in a particular storage type. (or) Storage Section Indicator update from Slotting process,  Then, you need to use Storage Type Data View.

This is much same as ECC WM logically. but, here you have some additional fields to influence the same from various other processes.

Regards,

Sathish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRIDHAR

I completely agree with Sathish.

It lots of determination work on warehouse tab and details business process work on St type tab.

WHtab>>

POSC

PACI/SRCI

Door determination

PI and many more.

Storage tab>>

Priority Fixed BIn

Replenishment.

Slotting figs and many more.

Regards

Suraj