Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PI 7.1 dual stack use NW BPM/BRM

mandar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have PI 7.1 dual stack system installed. Business want to use NW BPM and BRM as well.

Can we use NW BPM/BRM with PI 7.1 dual stack system and how ?

Thanks

Mandar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

As most of the above experts have mentioned SAP Process Orchestration combines PI, N/W BPM and BRM in one stack(Lone Java). However that does not mean you cannot use it with PI 7.1. I believe you can use it with PI 7.11 however this will be installed on a seperate server and will not be part of PI. Hence it does not serve much purpose. So ideal way is if its 7.11 make use of ccBPM and if you wanna make use of N/W BPM, BRM make use of 7.31/7.4

Regards,

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe from PI 7.31(dual stack/single stack) onwards you can include NW BPM and BRM .

If it is single stack you can club all the three in single SID ,if it dual then need to put in different SID's or servers.

Regards

Venkat

mandar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As mentioned by you, it is possible to include NW BPM/ BRM from PI 7.31 dual stack.

Can same be possible from PI 7.1 dual stack too ?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

I havent work with BRM, but NW BPM needs the XI 3.0 message protocol  to connect with AEX, the question is if it lets to connect with 7.1 AAE, i haven't tried it but i dont see any reason that impedes this possibility because the XI 3.0 protocol is available in PI 7.1 and the adapter should be encapsulate the communication and to make it independent above which is the endpoint. However, if you think to purchase a NW BPM the best option is to migrate the PI 7.1 to PI 7.31.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From 7.31 onwards ,SAP is providing addition installation option with BPM or BRM capabilities.So Ideally you can't include  BPM or BRM s/w to add explicitly with PI 7.1 S/W .

Regards

Venkat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I consider this question interesting, you can imagine a company with a PO and a company partner with PI 7.1 and you want that they can use the NW BPM capabilities. You could offer a PI 7.31 scenario to access the NW BPM scenario or why not to access directly to NW BPM?. I think if the connection is with the XI 3.0 protocol, why should it fail?. I haven't tested it, but i dont think this business scenario can't appear.

Regards.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

You can use NW BPM and BRM after 7.31 but not in 7.1.

Regards,
Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

NetWeaver PI AEX, NetWeaver BPM and NetWeaver BRM are part of Process Orchestration 7.31 and higher version.

You cannot use NW BPM & BRM in PI 7.1

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below link.

Regards

Venkat