Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM personalization

ravish_ojha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

My query is regarding personalization, when the user clicks on the personalization icon on the extreme right hand side (say during the display of the LIST UIBB) and sets the settings for few columns like col A width is changed and col B is hidden and then he/she saves this as a personalization.

next time he loads the LIST UIBB and invokes this particular personalization, I want to read this personalization in my backend code i.e. feeder class        ( during the load event of the UIBB and do some processing based on the personalization values set for those columns).

can you please let me know how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Ravish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravish,

there are no officially released APIs for reading the personalization at runtime.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

For an example implementation see Web Dynpro application WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER.

ravish_ojha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for posting the example impl, is this WD appl about the UIBB configuration or the UIBB runtime personalization e.g. during the display of the list UIBB, at runtime a user assigns values to the width of the columns then saves this as a personalization for his user.

best regards,

Ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Same personalization API is used for any kind of Web Dynpro component, including FPM UIBBs.

ravish_ojha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again, i can drill down to the below mentioned API:

CL_WD_CONFIGURATION_UTILITIES

I can get methods which read the configuration ids based on the config_key etc. but unable to trace any particular api, FM or method for personalization. May be I am missing out something here, could you plz help me indentify that.

laeeqsiddique
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ravish,

While Christian is correct. You can check out this detailed document that I wrote for the same to achieve exactly what you are looking for. I you have any question I can answer. Please ask in the blog or here.

Regards,

Laeeq Siddique