SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Vendor Subranges to Existing Vendor Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would anyone know the process to begin to assign vendor subranges to existing Vendor's where subranges do not exist?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First, you have to create vendor sub-ranges in transaction XK02/MK02 in purchasing view for your purchase organization. Then you have to maintain purchasing data & partners specific to the sub-ranges by clicking the 'Alternate data'  in purchase view screen.

Now, you need to decide the articles attached to different sub-ranges. These should be assigned to Purchase Info Records using ME12 or MEMASSIN at field EINA-LTSNR.

Thanks,

Venu

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

You need to open the vendor in change mode with purchasing data using transaction code XK02.

When you are in purchasing view of vendor master, click on menu Extras and selection option Add. purchasing data. In this dialogue, select an check box "Data retent. at VSR level allowed", and click on OK.

Once you activate this, you will see a command button "Sub-range" on the toolbar.

Click on this button to create VSR for existing vendors.

This way you create VSR for existing vendor.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thank you Amit and Venu!   This is very helpful and has put me on the right track. 

manjunathbl
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Please use transaction code OMSG to add vendor sub range to vendor account group

Steps:

1. Go to OMSG transaction code and activate vendor sub range for your vendor account group.

2. Go to XK02, and in this Purchasing view you can select Vendor Sub range and then you can enter the vendor codes for other products

regards,

Manjunath