cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Double Exponential Smoothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

while working with PAL I have encountered another problem with double exponential smoothing.

I wanted to test the DESM method in FORECASTSMOOTHING using almost 8mln unique records. Unfortunately, while executing the procedure I am getting this error:

Could not execute 'CALL _SYS_AFL.PAL_TSF_TMH(TMH.INPUT_DATA_TS_F, "#PAL_CONTROL_TBL_TS", TMH.PAL_OUT_TS_F, ...' in 8.059 seconds .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [2620] _SYS_AFL.AFLPAL:FORECASTSMOOTHING: [135] (range 2) AFLFunctionFatal exception: PAL error[73001502]:Ahead exception throw out, Check trace for details

The code works fine for 25 000 records, but if I put more then it fails...For sure there is no bug in the data (when using R procedure for DESM on HANA it works fine).

Have you ever had such problem, and you found solution to it? I hope you could help.

Kind regards,
Wiola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't there any null value?

Some times you get errors in the PAL algorithms because they don't work with null values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I know about this problem, so before starting the procedure I checked the data twice ;/ and still it fails