cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Tendering Emails - Any standard interfaces or configuration for this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any standard interfaces or configurations in SD that will generate load tendering emails out of SD?  I know TMS has this ability but its not implemented.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had to google both load tendering and TMS. Based on this post, the corresponding IDoc is SHPMNT01, so this would be the outbound shipment output I guess.

Either way I don't see why you couldn't just utilize standard output functionality to send any emails from any sales document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena,

yes the SHPMNT01 IDOC is an alternative approach and then we would send to PI and create the text and send the email is an option.

I was wondering if there was any standard functionality in SD(not TMS) that would do this without creating the IDOC and processing it and sending an email (ie - creating an interface).

When you say 'standard output functionality' can you elaborate on that a bit?  My thought was send the IDOC to PI and send the email via PI. 

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an option to send output by email, no need for IDoc, PI or any interface. It's just the standard output configuration with 'External mail' medium. The email can be sent pretty much to any partner in the document and will have a PDF attachment (from the form that you will assign in the configuration). If you need to customize email in some way, it's trickier but still doable.

There are tons of information on this on SCN and in the notes. This thread is just a random one from the top of search list. Google for more if needed. You'll find most information for the invoices but the configuration is exactly the same for all SD documents, the only difference is the output program (which you'll find in standard outputs or through search), form (usually Smartform) and partners.

Answers (0)