cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check method not working for putawqay strategy 'C'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of our storage type we are using putaway strategy 'C' open storage. Here we have allowed mixing of stock and also addition to existing stock. we have activated capacity check method '5' which is based on SUT. We have maintained total capacity in bin as 100 in the bin master.

We have noticed that when performing putaway into this bin the system bypasses capacity check and allows putaway of more than 100 pallets into the bin.

Can you please let us know how to fix this issue? Does strategy 'C' work in conjunction with the capacity check method 5?

Any expert advise will be of great help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Capacity check method 5 must not be used together with addition to existing stock.

I made good experience with method 4 in my open storage.

Best you read OSS note 392776 - Capacity check in the Warehouse Management

which explains the checking methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Our requirement is to have 1 single bin of 10000 pallets with mixing allowed and this bin is controlled by the ASRS control system for identifications of locations for various material/Batch combinations.

In SAP it is just one bin with 10000 locations. But when the capacity exceeds during putaway then the system should direct the TO to another storage type for which we need capacity restrictions activated in the first open storage type.

I have tried both Capacity method 5 and 4  with addition to existing stock and also without that. The system does not perform capacity check for this strategy. Is there a way we can have capacity restrictions activated during putaway using user exit. Can you share your experience on this?

Thanks,

Harish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know know ASRS control system. But as I am said Open storage and capacity check 4 works well for me since the beginning of this millennium it would be worth to investigate why it does not for you, instead of straight looking for a user exit.

Could you show your settings from storage type customizing, from the storage bin and from the material master WM1 view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have made below settings:

Material master WM1 view - 100 Cartons

Storage bin Total capacity - 1000 Cartons

Storage type setting:

Mixed storage is active.

Addition to existing stock is active.

SU Management is active

Capacity check Method = 4

Activate capacity check = X

Because mixing is allowed i have putaway 11 materials each material 100 cartons = 1100 cartons. system allows this without error.

I have gone thru the SAP note and could not find anything additional to this setting.

Can you please suggest with example how this scenario works correctly for your scenario?

Thanks,

Harish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a capacity is a dimensionless figure

I do not really understand what you are telling me with those 2 figures:

Material master WM1 view - 100 Cartons

Storage bin Total capacity - 1000 Cartons

A screen shot would really clear some doubts.

The important field in material master is capacitiy usage. How much capacity do you consume with each quantity in your base unit  or in the unit defined as per unit.

The bin has a progress bar and a percentage, and  a fieldfor  used capacity that should give you some indication.

if you changed capacitiy check methods and and material master usage then you should run report RLS10200 to recalculate the occupied capacity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

We have fixed the issue. We have setup the capacity check method to '5' and were able to restrict the capacity.

1. In the config for storage unit type definition we have defined the Capacity Usage LET = 1

2. In the Bin Master we have defined the total capacity = 100

when we create putaway TO into the bin the system keeps increment the capacity utilized by 1. So after 100 SU's have been putaway the system will give error message on the new SU.

We have allowed mixing of stock & also addition to existing stock. IT works well with this combination.

Regards,

Harish