cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 => Missing Tables and Indexes => Unknown objects in ABAP Dictionary => DB views

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

on our SAP NetWeaver 7.x BW (based on AIX/Oracle) I find via transaction DB02 (path = Diagnostics => Missing Tables and Indexes) under "Unknown objects in ABAP Dictionary" under DB views a BW object /BI0/.....

When I make a double click on the object, I am getting the popup window "Display not possible for this object":

How can I identify the object and clarify with the BW application expert, if needed, how to resolve this object?

I searched already via RSA1 for the object, but I wasn't able to find anything so far ...

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Best regards

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Carlos

Can you check this SAP note please ?

1139396 - Temporary database objects in BW 7.X

Regarding the ORA_COCKPIT_HELPER table check this SAP note

1374746 - DBA Cockpit: Temporary table ORA_COCKPIT_HELPER

Regards

RB

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

I clarified the ORA_COCKPIT_HELPER object already with SAP support and learned it is created when we using SQL Command Editor via ST04 transaction.

My understanding is, I can ignore this table.

What it not clear for me, how to identify the /BI0/... DB view object and what needs to be done ...

Best regards

Carlos

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos

The database view in question is a temporary database object created during a query execution.

Please read this SAP note 449891 - Temporary database objects in BW 3.x to understand what that view is all about and impact if those views are removed.

The SAP notes 449891 and 1139396 suggests to run the report SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES to drop these temporary objects. Whether the objects are still required or not is a question to be put across to the BW team. If the temporary objects are removed when they are used by a query, then the query will fail.

Have a nice day

RB

Answers (0)