Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Create Confirmation - Short Dump while adding Approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Currently I am facing following issue.

Issue:

In SRM “Create Confirmation” Screen, when user click on check button and after that if user tries to add approver in approval tab then it is going to short dump. Please find the short dump info:

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except. CX_OS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND

ABAP Program /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PROCESS_MANAGER=CP

Application Component SRM-EBP-WFL

I had analyzed this issue and following points are my findings.

1. We have written code in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to check the approver is added or not in approval tab. For this purpose we are using METHOD lo_conf_adv->/sapsrm/if_pdo_do_apv_ext~get_process_info (Here lo_conf_adv is object of interface /sapsrm/if_pdo_bo_conf_adv) and the instance of lo_conf_adv is getting from METHOD /sapsrm/cl_pdo_fact_conf_adv=>get_buffered_instance By pasing Doc GUID.

1. As per my analysis, the above code only causing the short dump while adding the approver in aproval tab. More importantly the CHECK BADI (BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI) is not triggered while adding the approver. 
  2. If I comment this code (which is mentioned in point 1), then the application is not giving any short dump and adding approver successfully.   
  3. I tried to find SAP notes but there are no SAP notes related to this issue. Also, I tried to find alternate METHOD to replace lo_conf_adv->/sapsrm/if_pdo_do_apv_ext~get_process_info but I have not got relevant method.    

Please let me know if there is any solution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasidhar V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasidhar,

Are you using Process controlled or Application Controlled workflow? Also what exactly you are checking with Doc Check BADI for ad-hoc approval? Please give some more information.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the fast response.

We are using Process Controlled Workflow. In Doc Check BADI, we are checking the respective approver is added or not in approval tab in "Create Confirmation" Screen. While creating confirmation, when user click on "CHECK" button and If respective approver is not added then throwing error message.

We are using Method "GET_PROCESS_INFO" to get approval information only. when this method is triggered in Check BADI then it is doing respective validations and displaying messages. After that when we try to add approver then the system trying to read entry from table "/SAPSRM/D_WF_003" by passing OID to LEVEL_GUID. But there is no entry in this table and that's why it is giving short dump.

Can you please let me know why it is reading entry in that table and why entry is not exist.

FYI, If I don't use method "GET_PROCESS_INFO" in check BADI then respective code where short dump happening is not triggering (System is not trying to read entry from /SAPSRM/D_WF_003 table) and so it is not giving short dump.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasidhar V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether the issue is fixed? We are facing exactly the same problem.

Pls advice.

Thanks,

Parthi