Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SRM Create Confirmation - Short Dump while adding Approver

Dear Experts.

Currently I am facing following issue.

Issue:

In SRM “Create Confirmation” Screen, when user click on check button and after that if user tries to add approver in approval tab then it is going to short dump. Please find the short dump info:

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except. CX_OS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND

ABAP Program /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PROCESS_MANAGER=CP

Application Component SRM-EBP-WFL

I had analyzed this issue and following points are my findings.

1. We have written code in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to check the approver is added or not in approval tab. For this purpose we are using METHOD lo_conf_adv->/sapsrm/if_pdo_do_apv_ext~get_process_info (Here lo_conf_adv is object of interface /sapsrm/if_pdo_bo_conf_adv) and the instance of lo_conf_adv is getting from METHOD /sapsrm/cl_pdo_fact_conf_adv=>get_buffered_instance By pasing Doc GUID.

1. As per my analysis, the above code only causing the short dump while adding the approver in aproval tab. More importantly the CHECK BADI (BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI) is not triggered while adding the approver. 
  2. If I comment this code (which is mentioned in point 1), then the application is not giving any short dump and adding approver successfully.   
  3. I tried to find SAP notes but there are no SAP notes related to this issue. Also, I tried to find alternate METHOD to replace lo_conf_adv->/sapsrm/if_pdo_do_apv_ext~get_process_info but I have not got relevant method.    

Please let me know if there is any solution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasidhar V

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question