Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance enhancement of using HANA DB

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know about the performance enhancements of using the HANA DB as the database platform in SAP PI 7.4 . I have searched various links but they all are about the SAP BW HANA. And also if you can tell me other performance enhancements, it would be helpful.

Sharing links will also be helpful.

Thanks,

Shankul Saxena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

AFAIK  HANA DB as the database platform in SAP PI 7.4 is worth-full only when a company has extremely huge volume/number of transactions with integration processes and for that HANA DB can help in faster processing .

Given that HANA DB is costly and in SAP PI there is no reporting or data storage required , you wont see significant difference.

Regards

Srinivas

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performance perspective there will not be much difference but as amit said some high volume human centric processes can gain advantage .

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think that there are any performance improvements for normal message processing if u go with Hana DB (for PI7.4), but some high volume human centric processes can gain advantage becoz of this...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay. Thanks this helps me a lot. One help is required from both of you Naveen and Amit. If you can tell me general performance enhancements in SAP PI 7.3+ like the PI will check the total number of messages in queues before assigning the message into any random queue, this was not in previous versions I think. If you can clarify my doubts on this, it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Shankul Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did u search SDN?

There are lot of blogs/links which already highlighted the improvement in single and dual stack PI7.3+ versions.

>>the PI will check the total number of messages in queues before assigning the message into any random queue

This improvement is applicable for dual stack system

Integration Engine - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.3 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

Thanks

Amit Srivastava