cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Facsimiles (Originale) from ESS Travelmanagement (Reiseantrag)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I hope anyone can help to answer my question. We use SAP travel management. At the moment users are only able to upload attachments belonging to a specific travel request. However, we need the option to provide users with the facsimiles, like boarding tickets, hotel reservations, ... (currently only accessable via PR05) within the ESS application "travels and expenses". Does anyone know if this is possible? Does anyone know if it's possible via the attachment application?

To give you more background information let me quickly draft our process: A user opens the ESS application "create travel request" (Reiseantrag anlegen). Then he/she fills in the general data and requests,e.g., hotel and train. Afterwards the approval procedure includes two managers and afterwards a central booking station. Afterwards the request is approved and the person who manually books hotels/train tickets/plane tickets attaches emails or PDFs within the PR05, which can then be view via Extras -> Display Facsimiles (Originale anzeigen). Additionally an email is sent to the user with all the trip information like tickets and reservations.

Thanks for you help.

-Sarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution to this problem can be solved by implementing the following SAP note:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

what are you using for ESS?

WebDynpro for ABAP? On which release you are?

Do you store the documents in an external archive solution like OpenText?

In general in the WebDynpro for ABAP solution is a function to store any kind of document to the trip.

But maybe I do not get your question right.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sigi,

we use WebDynpro for ABAP. At the moment we are using EHP 5, but will upgrade to EHP 7 in September.

SAP_BASIS      702   0009       SAPKB70209                  SAP Basiskomponente

SAP_HR            604   0055      SAPKE60455                  Personalwirtschaft

EA-HR               605   0032      SAPK-60532INEAHR      SAP Enterprise Extension HR

We store our documents via ArchiveLink (optical archive).

Our problem is that we need to be able to access any documents associated with a specific trip from the portal application "travels and expenses".  At the moment we can only access the PDF containing the travel request.

However we need to be able to also access associated hotel reservations, flight tickets, ... via the ESS application as well as via the backend application.

Is there a way to customize the ESS travel management in order to display the documents from the backend?

Thanks.

-Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there a way to customize the ESS travel management in order to display the documents from the backend?

Of course, have you read the following wiki ? Including Attachments in Web Dynpro Travel Expenses - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

If will appears in your expense and in your POWL list as follow :

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

please check customizing in transaction FITVFELD_WEB

As you already using ArchiveLink you just need to bring up the column with "Attachments" to your webdynpro view.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathieu and Sigi,

thank you for your responses. We already use the column Attachments.

However we are not able to access documents via ESS that can be accessed via the transaction PR05. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

ok understand.

There are "two" attachments. One is going to the Application server - which you are looking to now.

The other one is going to the Archive Solution.

I'm not quite sure how to set this up. I thought this would need to check the wiki from Mathieu.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If I remember well in standard ESS you can access any document which is linked to business object BUS2089. This is the only ARL object checked.

As long as your document is attached to this business object it will works... otherwise you will need to make specific coding to add your own documents (I can give you the class and method to enhance).

I dont know which business object you used in your archivelink customizing but for me its not BUS2089

Hope this helps.

Matheiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sigi and Matheiu,

I re-checked the wiki:

The business fuction (transaction /osfw5) FIN_TRAVEL_1 is active.

The feature (transaction /ope03) TRVPA - OAA is set to 1, which means (according to the wiki), that attachments to a trip and stored business documents are shown.

The business document navigator (transaction /ooaor) shows documents when searching with class name TRAVEL, class type BO, a specific employee id and a specific trip id.

From what I gather the documents should be displayed. I guess we're missing additional customizing.

-Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also checked the customizing:

ArchiveLink - Basic Customizing - Links for Content Repositories

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BUS2089 ZHRIBEWIRT X 86 TOAHR 360

BUS2089 ZHRIEINTBE X 86 TOAHR 360

BUS2089 ZHRIFLUGBB X 86 TOAHR 84

BUS2089 ZHRIFLUGBL X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIBEWIRT X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIDIVDOK X 86 TOAHR 84

TRAVEL ZHRIEINTBE X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIFLUGBB X 86 TOAHR 84

TRAVEL ZHRIFLUGBL X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIHOTEBB X 86 TOAHR 84

TRAVEL ZHRIHOTEBL X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIKFZBEL X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIMAUTBE X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIMIMOBK X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIOEFFVM X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIPARKGE X 86 TOAHR 360

TRAVEL ZHRIREIAN2 X 86 TOAHR 84

TRAVEL ZHRIREIANT X 86 TOAHR 84

TRAVEL ZHRITAXIBL X 86 TOAHR 360

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

We are not far from solving your problem ^^

Can you please check transaction OAG1 and see if "Reserve1" checkbox is checked ?

If not, please tick it and try again

Should be like this :

Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another idea, have you checked authorizations ? maybe ESS authorizations are a bit different than the ones in PR05 ?

In my system we need to have object S_WFAR_OBJ in our roles to see attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathieu,

unfortunately the flag did not work. I tried to mimic your settings, but it didn't work either.

Our settings (the flag reserv 1 is usually not set):

I also tried setting the object S_WFAR_OBJ - all entries *. However this did not work either.

What I realized though - there is an additional column in ESS which is called Facsimiles, which displays all documents that are also accessible via PR05. This is what I need.

Unfortunately this column Facsimilies is not available for the travel requests. The column is not available in Settings.

Do you know a way to add the column Facsimilies?

Thanks.

-Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Bad news, I looked and it is hardcoded in POWL feeder class as atechnical field so it wont be displayed for travel requests There is no customizing to change it at the moment.

You can :

- Open an OSS message to ask for it.

- Ask your ABAP team to do it.

Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mathieu. I will try opening an OSS message first and if that does not work I will ask our development team.

0 Kudos

Hi Sarah

Maybe this will help in the meantime....If the button to display facsimilies is displayed or not is determined like this:

CALL FUNCTION 'ARCHIV_CONNECTINFO_GET_META'
         EXPORTING
           object_id             = objid
           sap_object            = sapobj
         IMPORTING
           number                = number_hits
         EXCEPTIONS
           error_connectiontable = 1
           OTHERS                = 2.

sapobj                         TRAVEL

The attachments (including the Business Documents) in web correspond to the Generic Object

Services in SAP Gui PR05. And the scanned receipts correspond to the facimiles button in PR05. 2st is BUS2089, 2nd is Travel.

thanks
Sally