cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strdbs.cmd could not be started

Former Member

Hi all,

In my MMC strdbs.cmd is showing red traffic light.(Status:could not be started)

what may be the reason.

plz urgent.

vinnu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to open database manually and after that start sap instance.

And make sure that you are using appropriate kernel or not? i have faced the same in kernel upgradations, and avoided the same with installing the correct one.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check the sapcpe.log under the directory \usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS??\work. The log will tell what's the cause. If may be that the file strdbs.cmd is not existing or you have authorization problem. It happened in our setup and what I did is just copy the the mentioned file to the proper directory.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know why it is, go on to the sap 6.20/6.40 installation master, click sapinst.exe, proceed on to the component area, click on the relevant database, and click the "DATABASE INSTANCE" and fill in the info and click "next" untll it install.

you are done and after the installation click on the snap-in and choose start all instances.

If this is useful reward points. Thank you.

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Try to start the database manually from SAPDBA. May be it will be help u to start the database..

Shabeer

Former Member
0 Kudos

please post the contents of \usr\sap\sid\dvebmgs??\work\sapstartsrv.log (or sapstart.log depends on the release).

I analyzed last week a funny problem where a silly admin did changed the file permissions on CMD.exe.

The Users group where no longer able to execute it (700 based products will use users only belonging to the Users group to run the app-server).

Peter

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...errr...that the database was not started???? didi you try it yourself (sqlplus, startup)??? any logfiles, that might help?

GreetZ; AH