Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation from PI 7.1 to PI 7.3+

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In my project, we are upgrading from PI 7.1 to PI 7.3 version and before going for upgrade. I have various scenarios like

JMS to XI

SOAP to XI

JDBC to XI

ABAP Proxy to JDBC

File to XI

Proxy to File

Proxy to SOAP

HTTP to XI

MAIL to XI

JAVA PROXY to XI

Kindly tell me that what will be the changes required for upgradation to PI 7.3 in above adapters.

Sharing links will also be helpful.

Thanks,

Shankul Saxena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankul,

Further to the above, since you are migrating to lone java stack its advisable to use the SAP provided PI migration tool kit. This helps to save migration efforts. This kit directly converts your classical XI sceanrios viz. RD, ID, SA and RA to an ICO. So you XI scenarios get converted to SOAP with XI and HTTP and IDOC to the corresponding JAVA adapters. However ccBPM scenarios will have to be migrated seperately.

Important note: This is supported only if your source system is PI 7.1 EHP1(PI 7.11) and does not work with PI 7.10 as per the last i am aware. However SAP was working to get it available for 7.10 as well.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Sriram. I haven't get this information of SAP PI migration tool kit on internet. This is really helpful for migration purpose.

Thanks for your efforts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below links give you step by step approach for ID migration tool from dual stack to single stack.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE8QFjAF&url=h...

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above said no changes required if you are planning to upgrade to dual stack .

For single stack below changes are required in your case.

Classical scenarios-->ICO

ccBPM-->NW BPM

XI -->SOAP with XI3.0 message protocol

HTTP-->HTTP_AAE

IDOC-->IDOC_AAE

ABAP alerts -->Java alerts

you can get many documents in google/sdn .Just browse with above names you will get them ,no need to ask others.

Regards

Venkat

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Venkat and Akshay . I got the answer of my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankul,

Upgrading to PI 7.3 single/dual stack?

If its dual stack then I believe you dont require to make any changes to your existing interfaces. If its single stack then you will have to replace your XI adapter with SOAP.

Also refer to below thread & blogs:

Regards,

Akshay

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks akshay. Yes, We are migrating to single stack only. 

Can you please also tell me about the changes required for IDOC and HTTP Adapters. My understanding says that we will use AAE for communication in PI 7.3+ as IDOC_AAE and HTTP_AAE. Kindly share your inputs also that will be helpful for me.