cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Company Code for an existing sales organisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My company is proposing to change the company code for an existing sales org to a new company code. For example co code 1000 for sales org 100 will change to 2000. For this we changed the existng comp code assignment to sales org and existing plant to the new company code(2000) in config.

Has anyone done this before? If yes, what are the implications?

Thanks

Gourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, if there are preceeding documents created under the old company code then deleting is not possible. what i can suggest is that u create a new company code with refernec to old company code and copy all attributes of th old to the new company code.

In a real scenario this seldom happens as the company code creation process is a well thought of process. and even when we are floating are similar new company we still retain the old company code for the sake of accounting and transaction.

Although, linking the company codes is different altogether.......

Reward if it helps

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Did you do all the seetings frot he new company code or is it only the sales org.and the plant has been assigned to the new company.

do check the old company code setting for your ref.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

First possibility is thar if any transaction has already been done for the same, it should not allow. This is my anticipation, but no confirmation.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka