cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Agent Installation in MCOD enabled systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are connecting MCOD anabled managed systems to Solution Mamager 7.1 SPS10.

But little confused with Dagnostics agent strategy; whether Agent-On-the-fly feature can be used in this case or not?

I am following SAP Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents.

Our MCOD structure is as below:
All Development systems on one physical host
All Quality systems on one physical host and
no MCOD enabled for Productive systems.

Thanks in advance,
Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Does your DEV physical host have a virtual host for each DEV instance, or are they installed under the same name (the host physical one)?

The databases are installed under the same server instance or they have a separated instance for each?

If you have virtual hosts and separated DB server instances, then use agent-on-the-fly. Otherwise don't.

Regards,

MM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander / MM,

Can you let me know about the DBA Cockpit settings (DB Parameters) in Managed system - 4.Enter System parameters - DB Parameters.

Shall I use different table spaces while configuring different systems of MCOD enabled database?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

For each system you should use own DB user like SAPSR3 which used by systems to connect to DB. And own tablespace too.

With best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM & Alexander,

Thank you both for the prompt response.

I have single database instance with 3 tablespaces on the database host and Central Instances on different hosts. Apologies for my earlier statement (little confusion as I am new to this project).

So, I assume, agent-on-the-fly won't be required and one diag. agent on the DB host and one diag. agent each per CI. Correct me If I am wrong.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

all are correct.

With best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the confirmation and have awarded points as well.

Thank you MM...!

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Agent-On-the-Fly feature used for HA environments. I think you have no need for this.

With best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you clarify below:

MCOD database host is having 3 DB instances (of development systems) and all the 3 instances are connecting to single solution Manager system.

Does each DB instance require seperate Diag. agent or single Diag. agent will work for all the 3 instance to connect with solution manager?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Do you have 1 database instance and 3 tablespases for systems? Or 3 separate DB instances on 1 host?

With best regards,

Alexander