cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodity Code in Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a requirement from the business that, whenever the the business maintains Commodity code at invoice in item level, that commodity code should pick into the invoice output. Can anyone help me in this. What are exact Table-Fields that need to pass to table EIPO and get the Commodity Code number into invoice.

Note:

1) Here the invoice line item number is different with Commodity item number.

2) If more than one invoice line item number is there means how to map to find the exact commodity number.

Your are helpful to me in fixing the issue. Appreciate the inputs.

Regards,

Vinod Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

One option to achieve this requirement even w/o development could be using TEXTS. At item level, go to any of the text types and enter the Commodity Code details and that will definitely gets printed at item level in the invoice output.

Please let me know for any further clarifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. We can do that, but business wants to maintain the commodity code number in its field only.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod ,

Commodity code is different from one material to other and is maintained in Forign Trade data in MMR.  We had the similar requirement and we are printing it below the every line item in the Invoice output.

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it will vary between materials and plants. But my issue is whenever business maintain Commodity code number manually at invoice level and it should flow into invoice output.

Regards,

Vinod Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod ,

Can you please try to pass the invoice number EIKP-PRONU and get the Foreign trade number and with ref to that , We can try to get the commodity code from EIPO table at item wise. Pls think of it and let us know your concern on this.

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Yes by passing Foreign Trade number into EIPO table i can get the Commodity code number, but in my case there are more than 1 line item is there for each line item it the business maintains Commodity code manually means how can get exact commodity number. In my case the invoice line item number different with Commodity code item number.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Yes, by passing Foreign Trade number into EIPO table i can get the Commodity code number. But in my case there are more than 1 line item for the invoice. For each line item  business is maintaining diff Commodity code numbers manually. Can you please let me know how can i get exact commodity number. In my case the invoice line item number VBRP is  different with Commodity code item number EIPO.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I believe the item number (EIPO-EXPOS ) of foreign trade data would refer (VBRP-VGPOS). If this is the case , then we can pass foreign trade number along with this item number in EIPO table, we can get the commodity code for each line item.

Please check this and confirm from ur requirement perspective.

With Regards

S,Siva

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod,

kindly share the Screen shot of your invoice item details and also commodity
item number in the foreign trade tab, so that it will help to provide you the Exact logic to pick at invoice level.

Regards,

C.B Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Unfortunately i am enable to provide the screenshots. But we can find the Commodity Code number at invoice item level Foreign Trade/Customer tab---> under that click on Legal Categorization 2nd level tab then we can find Commodity code number.

My issue is whenever the business maintains the Commodity code number at invoice level that needs to flow on invoice output. Sorry for not able to provide screen shots.

Regards,

Vinod Reddy