Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Problem with "Forward Request with RETURN" option

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a business requirement to forward a request to some one (for example a requester). This is very much possible with the help of "Forwar Allowed" option selection in the Manager Stage.

Another business requirement is that, after forwarding that request (to a requester in my example), this request should come back to the original forwarder (Manager) after the forwardee (requester) submits the request. This is possible when the forwarder (Manager) selects "Forward with return" check box at the time of forwarding a request. If by mistake his missed it, then request WILL NOT come back to him (Manager) after the forwardee (requester) submits the request!

This is quite strange. I have not seen any configuration parameter to make "Forward with return" option selected by default. However, I thought it was possible to modify the same with opening "GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_APPROVAL" application in SE80 and modify it from there. But when I opened this application with a request ID which is in "RUNNING" status, I could only see below buttons/options:

1. Print Button

2. Other Actions (No sub actions displayed)

3. Close

Above buttons/options are usually displayed when: a user does not have necessary authorizations or a request is closed.

But I have full authorizations and the request is still running. I am unable to select "Forward" option to get further screen/application to make this "Forward with return" option selected and greyed out.

CAn anybody please guied me in this? How I can achieve above business requirements?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

you have to change the view of the forwarder screen V_REQUEST_FORWARD. Define the checkbox as checked and read only, so that it cannot be changed.

SE80 > Package GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST > Web Dynpro > Web Dynpro Components > GRAC_UIBB_ACCREQ_APPROVAL

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I found it and I am a process to do the needful. I will close this thread if I am done.

Thanks again for your quick reply 🙂

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

We had the similar requirement asking for forward with return to be checked by default. I tried the way you explained above. I could able to get the check box ticked by default for approvers. But unfortunately when we check the audit log, its still showing that request was forwarded with no return, although the checkbox was marked by default. I am not sure if its because we did the settings in the view components.

Regards,

Shantanu

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shantanu,

check the following note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1865859

I assume Sympton 1 is what you've explained.

Let me know.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply..!!

Scenario in my case is not exactly the symptom 1. Yes, it is showing forward with no return in the audit log but the request is not coming back to original approver as well. I believe audit log is showing correct since the system is not sending back the request to original approver even though the checkbox for forward with return is selected.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

I know this is old thread but sorry, Since I have similar requirement to have Forward with return checked by default always I am replying in the same thread.

I got the component specific developer key to enable ready only option and to make check-box checked.

I can see that beside check box there is Binding exists.

So, do i need a ABAPer to write a piece of code to enable the checkbox ? Please let me know how much effort would be involved by ABAPer.

Currently we don't have any ABAPer for our project, so If I request I need to provide effort estimation as well

Please suggest as per your experience

Thanks in advance

~ Madan

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madan,

I was away therefore, could not reply.

You dont need to have any coding for this. simply the property of that check box is set to "Checked" and it worked.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)