Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jco api 3.0 on portal 7.31 configuration

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to execute the RFC in ECC through JCO API 3.0. Portal server is running on AIX servers. I was through Service Market place to get the JCO API 3.0 for AIX servers . For achieving this do i need to create a library dc in nwds and consume the dc in other dc for building the application?

For build time i will refer this extlib dc and build the application?

For runtime reference of this API do i need to deploy the j2ee module of Ext lib project or it will be available in server at runtime?

do i need to include the .dll file in EXT lib project for proper working of this application?

Please guide me in this scenario whether i was following the correct path.

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The Portal 7.31 server comes with an embedded JCo version. You must not install a JCo 3.0 standalone into this server. Simply use the exsiting one. For using it, your application needs to refer to tc/bl/jco/api in its descriptor.

Best regards,

Markus

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you post the exact change?? Following code does not seem to work. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Markus.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="library">tc~bl~jco~api</reference-target>

</reference>

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="library">tc~ui~faces</reference-target>

</reference>

<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

<fail-over-enable xsi:type="fail-over-enableType_disable" mode="disable"/>

</application-j2ee-engine>

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you post the exact change?? Following code does not seem to work. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Markus.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="library">tc~bl~jco~api</reference-target>

</reference>

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="library">tc~ui~faces</reference-target>

</reference>

<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

<fail-over-enable xsi:type="fail-over-enableType_disable" mode="disable"/>

</application-j2ee-engine>

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Narahari,

the reference in the descriptor looks ok, hence, it's unclear to me what is not working.

Best regards,

Markus

Answers (0)