cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL item opening is very slow

former_member196171
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using Enterprise Portal 7.31 SP 5 , we are having issues with Universal Work List as below

opening an UWL item   is very slow

also opening the UWL list is slow

These items are purchase requisitions for approval (by manager )   and are calling  backend ECC 6.06

Any clue improving the performance

Thanks

Al Mamun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Al Mamun

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the discussion forums.

Ok based upon your scenario you mentioned that opening the UWL Workitems and opening the UWL Listings are very slow.

There are parameters which can be tweaked, analyzed and configured in order to improve performance. Firstly though we need to remember the concept off which the Universal Worklist functions. The UWL works using two primary pull operations:

1. Firstly tasks are pulled from the backend into the UWL cache.
  2. Secondly they are then pulled (for a second time) from the cache itself to the UWL User Interface. Due to this architecture there is an inherent delay in the automatic refreshes and in turn the display of the UWL. With the current architecture there is no way that the UWL can refresh instantaneously.  Upon the UWL's initial loading/opening the cache is built upon first logon this is why there is always a delay. There is functionality

Now in terms of the parameters for improving performance.

For future reference and assistance regarding the UWL and performance I have outlined a set of Help Documentation Links below for your convenience:

• KBA number: 1577547 UWL Performance Tips and Considerations

Also, you may want to take a look at our sizing guide that our colleagues colleagues in development support have written in relation to the UWL.

You will find this if you go to: You can find the document under this path: www.service.sap.com/sizing
   > sizing guidelines ' SAP NetWeaver   > UWL Sizing guide

These are details that you need in order for the performance to be optimal in the Universal Worklist.  Please check through the documentation to see if your parameters are set accordingly and
also that you have followed the information in this document.

Also I would recommend ensuring that you have deployed the latest Patch Levels & SP's as these often provide resolutions for easily avoidable issues.

Another point to highlight as I can see you mentioned a call to the backend. You need to ensure here that the destinations are maintained and setup accordingly. If you make any changes be sure to clear the UWL Cache and perform a restart of the UWL service.

Lastly on some ocasions I have come across different scenarios in which notifications are being stored in the backend. If thousands of notifications are stored these notifications will be pulled and called once the UWL is started up as per my explanation at the beginning of this post.

If you have redundant/unused notifications you can delete them to avoid them being called as this will undoubtedly affect and adhere performance.

If you have anymore questions please do not hesistate to ask me.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you cnfirgured the UWL to use Delta Pull?

Also check your connect speeds to the server / how many customised fields your pulling through...