cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Tasks in Password Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am new to IDM and I implemented a straightforward solution where the data will come from an ERP system then through to VDS by running the LDAP_EXTRACT job. The VDS is connected to the staging IDS. Then there is a WriteToIDS job to commit the data to the Master IDS. Version is 7.2 SP8

I have setup the Password Reset task (guided task) according to

Is there a way to execute custom tasks (i.e. Generate password, send the passwords to the repositories and send an email with the new password) once the Password Reset task is executed? I tried putting the above mentioned tasks under the Password Reset but they don't get executed. I also tried assigning the above tasks in the result handling tab of Password Reset (Execute task on OK result) but still not working.

Also, do I need to tick Enable Password Provisioning in the IDS?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Regards,
Sheryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have managed to resolve this by doing the following:

1. Remove trigger for MX_FAILEDRECOVER in the system privilege

2. Add the email password reset task as part of result handling of the Reset Password guided task [Execute task on OK result]

3. Set the trigger for MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD in the system privilege

Thanks all for your help

Sheryl

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheryl,

Yes, do make sure that Password Provisioning is enabled.

You'd be surprised how often that gets overlooked

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I've enabled the enable password provisioning but as per my response above, the password is not being provisioned to the repository systems. Anything that I might have missed?

Sheryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheryl,

First, if the tasks under password reset are not executed, check if you are calling the correct task from the UI or if the disparchers are running and tasks/jobs are enabled. As for the custom tasks, yes it's possible, what is exactly your case.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thank you for your prompt response. The password reset task is assigned in the IDS Password Policy tab but I did not tick the Enable Password Provisioning option. Also the dispatchers are running because the other jobs are being triggered.

My concern is that I created the Password Reset task using the guided task option. I want to incorporate the following tasks with my password reset:

1. Generate password

2. Propagate the password to all the repositories

3. Send a password reset email to the user.

Is there a proper way to do this?

Thanks

Sheryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheryl,

Yes,

1. For all automatic repositories set into Event tasks tab - Modify task(the standard provisioning modify task).

2. Set the HOOK_TASK_8 for each reporitory with the correct connector task

3. Into your system privileges -PRIV:SYSTEM:NAME_OF_SYSTEM set into Tasks tab - the Modify task trigger attribute to react on MX_PASSWORD(for the attribute you are using)

Then the provisioning automatic should be triggered.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Steps 1 and 2 has been done as part of the standard configuration. I have modified the system privilege to include MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD as a trigger. Although this has been set already, the password is not provisioned to the repositories.

In the job log, i can see that the users are modified but the change password task is not called:

I do have another task which calls a custom script to send an email to the user with the new generated password. If I set the password reset task (guided task) in the IDS Password handling tab, how do I incorporate the other task (send notification email) in the process?

Sheryl