cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SMP 2.3 - SMP 3.0 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts I need to upload the version of SMP . From SMP 2.3 to SMP 3.0 . Anyone have information about this update. Or someone like you installed from the SMP 3.0 server no patch (Sp01, Sp02, SP03). Just find documentation of SMP 3.0 SP02, SP03

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To add,

Make sure you got 64 bit machine (windows) and .Net framework 4 must be installed before running smp3 sp03 server binary.

Rgrds,

JK

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Can the 2 versions run in parallel in the same server?

What i mean is to install the new SMP 3.0 while i dont uninstall the SMP 2.3SP03 that is currently running.

Thanks!

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is possible without issues as long as you don't install the MBO runtime (Sidecar) that comes with SMP 3.0SP03.

-Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your response.

Do you know what will the capacity of the infrastructure needs to be to run both SMP 2.3 and SMP3.0 in the same box?

e.g. SMP2.3 requires 4GB memory and SMP3.0 4GB as well.

Do each of the versions need to use all 4GB? Will a system with 8GB memory be enough to host them both?

Thanks

George

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

George,

It really depends on what the customer designed applications are doing and the number of users.  So it's impossible for me to say.  Personally, I would never recommend a production system less than 12 GB and 16 GB is more common.  Mind you, the OS also needs memory, 2 GB for 64-bit OS I believe.  There is the SAP sizing guide you can use.  Although, memory is fairly inexpensive compared to taking a performance hit later.

-Kevin

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMP 3 is to be as a fresh installation . It cannot be upgraded from previous versions(2.X) . The good thing is SMP 3 , SP03 can  be directly installed , without the previous versions as any pre requisite.

Please find the below links for details on the installation.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/907b2c05-1e37-3110-68a8-fbdf3b824...

http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-smp/install/win/smp_server_installation_win.pdf