cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SAP HANA ? what made it difference from Data ware housing concept ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings Guys !! I am wondering and kind of lost with giant SAP newly introduced database SAP HANA. I have been informed that HANA is developed for fast query processing mainly.The older method of query processing involves lot of time ,i.e . the request should go to database and will retrieve information . If HANA have shown IMDB ( In- Memory database ) technology , Dataware house concept also solves waiting time of query processing .

Could some one explain me why HANA is introduced if Dateware house concept was already born ??

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I would recommend you to take time and watch the videos in Course: An Introduction to SAP HANA by Dr. Vishal Sikka . I like his simplistic terms of explaining Why SAP HANA?

Regards,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh , see below picture for WHY HANA

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) There is no IO overhead to disk anymore.

2) The power of the many multi-core processors running in parallel improve the time taken to perform complex the aggregations that slow BW queries.

Regards,

Michael Devine

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh Garlapat,

SAP HANA is/was not only about reinventing the DW concepts again, but its a lot more than that.

Probably Google would have helped you, but let me point you to the right content which can clarify your doubts: Please refer:

http://www.saphana.com/welcome

About HANA | SAP HANA

Features | SAP HANA

SAP HANA Outperforms | SAP HANA

SAP HANA Cloud Platform | SAP HANA

Data Compatibility | SAP HANA

I hope above links helps.

Happy Learning.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar. The above provided content is really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HANA family,

I heard that the big daddy ,co-founder of SAP HANA - Vishal Sikka left SAP in the recent past.

So,how SAP is going to run the HANA show with out a HERO and how they can explain the best in HANA to the future clients who wants to reap the benefits of SAP HANA cloud platform ?

I am not underestimating the other good developers of HANA. However,I am very curious to know how SAP HANA can run in forefront seasons !!!