1. Created all connection to source and target DB for profiling

2. created a integrator source for:

a. Dataservices

b. BI Enterprise

c. Relational Dataintegrater for source and target db

3. scheduled all of them with success

4. created a source group

Goal:

Now i want to have an impact analysis schema from the source DB all over all workflows to the end report, but it is not working. I can achiev this only from BI Enterprise integratoin source, but i want the whole flow.

I want to know whats the impact if i change a field or table in the source, which impact will this change have incl. ETL etc.

Any idea what i am missing?

Kindest regards

Cornelius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelius,

Yes you are almost done. You no need to explicitly add source and target systems as integrator sources, as these two are included in ETL (Data Services). The following steps are fine to see the impact & lineage from Source to Target:

1. Crete BOE integrator to import BI metadata

2. Crete DS integrator to import ETL metadata (which includes Source and Target system metadata)

3. Define Database link i.e., Target Database in ETL = Universe Connection Database in BI under preferences tab in Information Steward

4. Calculate column mappings of your ETL local repository, which will help you to see Auto Documentation of a Data Flow from Impact & Lineage diagram directly.

Hope this information helps you.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

what do you mean with column mapp for my local repo? the repo has more than 50 tables.

But you are right, i have to connect DataServices and InformationSteward somehow together.

any other ideas, or do i have to columnmap all repo tabels 😞

Thanks

Cornelius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelius,

In Data Services, in local object library, you will find one option called Repository->Calculate Column Mappings. You can also do this in Data Services Management under Impact & Lineage Tab i.e., Settings->Select Repository->Calculate Column Mappings. This mapping information, helps you to jump to Auto Documentation Tab directly from Information Steward Impact & Lineage Diagram.

Column Mapping calculation will be done at Repository Level and calculated at Data Flow level. This will not be done at table level.

The link between ETL and BI content to be done not with DS and IS applications. You can do this in Information Steward tool under Manage->Preferences

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, got you. i will test it and keep you informed

thank you

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

finally i got it to work as i expected. The hint to do the column mapping inseide DS was very helpful.

What i had to change in IS on the prefenrences was to change the level of comparision to table.

the rest was correct as i described earlier.

Thank you

Cheers Cornelius

Answers (0)