cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break within text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a read-only pdf form with a text field which sometimes needs to display long text that will not fit on one page. When this occurs, several blank pages are printed before this field and then only one page full of text is displayed - the rest of the text is not displayed at all.

I checked "Allow page breaks" for the subform containing the text field, as well as "Allow multiple lines" for the text field itself.

I am a beginner with Adobe Forms and have no idea what is the problem in this case.

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant

Hello Natalie,

The rest of the text is not displayed at all because you have not ticked the Expand to fit option in Height of both text field and sub form.

Click on the text field. On right hand side in Layout tab, check the Expand to fit in Height as shown below.

You should also check the Expand to fit in Height  for the sub form which contains this text field as shown above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to check "Expand to fit" for the subform, there is no such choice.

Still does not work - the rest of the settings corresponds to what is described here.

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Natalie,

Can you check whether this sub form is flowed or not?. Also check whether this sub form is inside another positioned sub form. Usually if the parent sub forms are positioned, the "expand to fit height" option is disabled.

But still I doubt. It would be good if you share the hierarchy screenshot in which this text field and sub form is placed. It will be helpful if you attach the whole screenshot which covers Hierarchy tab, Layout as well as Object properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that the icon displayed in the hierarchy is not a standard text-field icon. Also, all objects with this icon have the option "Allow Page Breaks" disabled. Could this be the source of the problem?

Below is the screeshot of hierarchy, with Object and Layout tabs for the discussed text field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalie,

I'm pretty sure that if you select Presence: Hidden, that object will not print or display in your layout.

Try changing that field to Visible.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I just found it is a floating field, that is why its presence is set to Hidden.

Now it seems impossible to have a static object (including a floating field) that spans multiple pages, so I will probably have to change those floating fields to normal visible text fields.

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Subform should be flowed with TOP TO BOTTOM attribute and Allow Page Break should be checked.

if you have one more subform above the current subform which might be binded to table which contains long text should also be flowed