Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reorg and drop the exchange tablespaces from failed SUM

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have some exchange tablespaces after some failed SUM operations. At the end we use JSPM and SPAM/SAINT to implement the Solution Manager SPs.

PSAPSR3702, brtools found 2 objects while dropping, nothing to display with sql commands, abort drop

PSAPSR3702X, 40G of data, reorg to PSAPSR3 needed

Should we reorg and drop the tablespaces?

We found the following note, but I need an action plan.

1848753 - SUM 1.0: exchange tablespace (e.g. PSAPSR3702X) handling during release upgrade/update

br

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

please read http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1715052. I hope it help.

With best regards,

Alexander

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Are the tablespaces PSAPSR3702 and PSAPSR3702X important? Could I reorg the data to PSAPSR3 and drop them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

Tablespace PSAPSR3702 - Java stack tablespace, PSAPSR3702X - shadow tablespace. But after SUM execution some objects still in shadow tablespace. You should move it and drop tablespace when it will empty. Please read note.

With best regards,

Alexander

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

PSAPSR3702 is empty and PSAPSR3702X holds 40 G data. Should I move the data from PSAPSR3702X to PSAPSR3702 or simply drop the PSAPSR3702 tablespace?

Could you post the TAORA/IAORA entries for PSAPSR3702X. I changed my a little bit to early.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

Unfortunately, in my current landscape used IBM DB2/OS400 and I haven't access to Oracle installations.

You should checks as described in note posted below.

And finally, could you use last full backup for restore system?

With best regards,

Alexander

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please read this discussion to understand why there are two tablesapces.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3383195

If you have used SUM to do a patching with the help of a shadow instance then SUM will create a tablespace called PSAPSR3702X and the source tablespace PSAPSR3702 will be empty after the SP update.

If there are objects in the PSAPSR3702 tablespace then you can move them to the target tablespace.

su - orasid

brspace -c force -o process,time -u / -f tbreorg -a reorg -tablespace PSAPSR3702 -t "*" -parallel 3 -degree 3 -newts PSAPSR3702X

Regards

RB

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Should I drop the empty tablespace?

PS: note "541542 - Upgrade phase INIT_CNTRANS: Container inconsistency" contains the solution for my TAORA/IAORA issue. The entries for the data classes have to be PSAPSR3702X: SSDEF, SSEXC, SLDEF, SLEXC

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need.

Answers (0)