cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: [129]: transaction rolled back by an internal error: [129] transaction rolled back by an internal error: exception 141000274: exception 141000274: TRexUtils/ParallelDispatcher.cpp:275 message not found; $message$=

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a couple of calculation views in HANA and each of them has text fields (like Employee Name, Country Name etc.).

As part of my project requirement, I have join those two views and get all the fields that exist in them.

When I am doing so, I am getting a weird error as shown below.

Error: [129]: transaction rolled back by an internal error:  [129] transaction rolled back by an internal error: exception 141000274: exception 141000274:

TRexUtils/ParallelDispatcher.cpp:275

message not found; $message$='TSR HTKD JFSDFM'

Please check lines: 59,

Upon, researching further, I could see that the value 'TSR HTKD JFSDFM' is the value in text field of Employee Name.

I did try to increase the length of the field and change the data types but nothing has worked.

Could you please help me in getting this one resolved.

Thanks,

Raviteja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Prakash.... yeah it really did the magic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exactly facing the same issue:

Error: [129]: transaction rolled back by an internal error:  [129] transaction rolled back by an int...

But i found a fix 🙂 .....

This may be a very late reply but it would help people who desperately searching for an answer for this issue.

I used CAST function .. The problem is, we are selecting data from table and of course we dont know the size of the data (attribute) @ runtime. We assign the length by looking at the table attr length or view op attr length. But what happens is the junk data which exceeds the limit of the allocated space hence we get this error.

So i used CAST function to truncate the excess junk values (may be spaces).

Example:

I have a ATTR view of date in the format YYYY-MM-DD which means 10 char size.

In my CALC view I have created date OP column of VARCHAR(10) but I get the above error for no reason. Eventhoug i am 100% sure about my ATTR date would be max of 10 char my CALC view is failing @ runtime.

So i did a CAST on date as CAST(my_date as varchar(10)) and the magic happend. It works .......

But you need to be careful in using this because if you use CAST you may lose data. Careful. In my case i dont.

Somebody from HANA team should look at this issue from SAP and solve this. I am sure it is a serious bug from HANA (eventhough i am using SAP HANA SP09 Rev 92 the most latest as of today !!!!!!!!!! )

Enjoy....

Thanks & Regards

Prakash K

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

the current revision as of today is Rev. 94 not 92.

For the error in question: there's just too little information in this thread to be able to tell what is causing it.

This should best be analyzed in a support incident.

My guess is that the models rely on automatic type casting and boxing which doesn't always work as expected.

That's just guessing from the overall description of the problem in this thread.

In any case I'd recommend not to wait for "magic" but to have this investigated.

There is no magic here, just software

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I appreciate your response and I am available to give enough inputs to you/SAP after all it is going to help the entire SAP HANA community and SAP HANA as well.

I tell you what happened...

We have used SP08 Rev 80 till 1st week Mar. We have built some calculation view which does the calculations as i mentioned in my above thread.

Calculation is simple and pretty straight forward.

I have a table "TABLE_XYZ" with a filed "Month" of the data type VARCHAR (6) --> "Jan-15" for example.

In my calculation view, I am converting this "Month" field to date format using to_date() function --> from "Jan-15" to "2015-01-01".

I have assigned my calculated column with data type VARCHAR(10) ..

Now the problem happens.. When I call this cal view in another calc view the error occurs at runtime..

NOTE: The same code worked perfectly with SP08 .. We have upgraded to SP09 last week post that we could not run our application when we investigate we found this issue.

So I feel, either there is a data corruption happened in during upgrade, or SP09 having some expectation or issues.

I can confidently tell that we have done no development during last 2 weeks. So there is no chance that it is a regression.

We are working with SAP for COIL (IN, Bangalore). If you/SAP needs more detail to resolve this issue by identifying the root cause, i can give the system access via SAP COIL colleagues.

Let me know, if you/SAP want to take this forward to identify the root cause.

-Prakash K

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

good to learn more about the problem you're facing.

Based on that I am pretty sure that this is not a data corruption.

However, the SCN community is not a place for product support.

So, while SAP (and I for that matter) are interested in following up with the problems you experience while using SAP HANA, I cannot create a support incident for you.

That's why I pointed out before, that a support incident would be the best vehicle to analyse the issue and provide a robust solution.

Generally, type conversion/boxing issues had been problematic for quite some time in SAP HANA - especially as this behavior was largely undocumented.

This was improved with SPS 9 (e.g. here) but maybe doesn't cover every aspect yet.

The best way - in my experience that is - to avoid this kind of issues when changing data types in calculation views is to explicitly ensure that the data types are what you expect them to be before doing any operations with them.

Specifying the data type for a calculated column in the dialog box is sometimes not sufficient to enforce a conversion to happen in the wanted order.

In your position I wouldn't want to just implement whatever code change seems to solve my problem - I would want to know for sure as my code might be affected by subsequent revision updates or other changes.

That kind of analysis can only be done via a support incident.

Open one and link to this conversation as additional information - that will help the colleagues from support to find the exact cause for this issue.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing same issue. Do you have any idea about it now?

Regards,

Prachi

leon_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

It turns out there are some un-expected chars which exceed the max length of a column.

and this caused the exception.

Let say, I have a generated column length is 10, but there are some bad value(should no be there) has 20 chars, this caused the issue.

You need the check the length a attributes defined in views.

Best regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

i am new to HANA and getting the same error message while running the query inside a CV however the query runs well independently and returns the desired results. i have used string_agg function in the query.

i am hoping for query to run perfectly in CV if it can run independently . can you please help here.

Thanks,

pawan

leon_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am not sure the scenario. I guess with the CV, under some condition, the overflow of the string length did not happen.

In my case, under some special date which there is no string over the length, it is ok.

But in the date there is over length string coming, it will throw exception.

I guess you need to change the data and string length carefully.

thanks,

Leon

leon_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raviteja,

Any lucky to fix this? I sort of have the same error but with more strange message. something celcy36 like thing. No idea.

Thanks,

Leon