cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas Buffering

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I check a project in CJ03 (IE/Firefox/Chrome), I don't get the buffered values that was previously displayed. Is there a way to get the buffer values as we get in SAP or Personas doesn't support this?

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Buffer values?

Do you mean the previously entered values when you hit the space or backspace button on the field?

If yes, then you can enable it by setting the IsLocalHistoryEnabled property for the input field to True. Then you should use the up/down arrows to scroll the previous values instead of space or backspace.

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

This worked!!!

But how do we do it when it comes to tab strip?

Also In SAP we be toggle between fields, we use "TAB" key which will takes us to the next text box in order. But in Personas, i need to click on the fields with cursor. The "TAB" key otherwise toggles to different text box.

Thank you for the information

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

There is also a property called TabIndex - you can set these in order (0, 1, 2, 3, etc.) depending on where you want the cursor to move when you hit tab.

I've noticed that sometimes this behaves oddly when things are grouped together though, so you might have to play around with grouping/ungrouping fields if it's not working as expected.

~ Cheryl

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The IsLocalHistoryEnabled property is not available for table columns, so the same won't work with table fields.

For tabbing, follow Cheryl's advice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_wisanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

The property IsLocalHistoryEnabled works when closing and reopening the transaction in the same Screen Personas / Silverlight session.

However, when closing the browser and starting a new session, all history seems to be lost. This as opposed to how SAP GUI works (history is saved between sessions).

Does anyone know whether it's possible to save the history across sessions, or is this a limitation of Screen Personas?

Thanks in advance!

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This works across browser sessions for me. For which browsers/operating systems is this not working for you?

Steve.

edwin_wisanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah, we have the issue in NWBC for Desktop 4.0. As soon as we close the tab, the history is lost.

(but I just tested and it works indeed as you say in Chrome and IE9, outside of NWBC for Desktop)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it seems like the NWBC environment is causing the loss of history? I wouldn't have expected that. Are there any other Personas/NWBC users out there that have this problem, or know of a solution? Personally I don't use NWBC so can't investigate.

Steve.