cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException activating XS services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after having restored a previsously backed up HANA instance to a new machine, during activation of content objects (in this case an XS webservice) we get the following error:

Internal error.

Activating HANA repository content

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.runnables.RepositoryActivateRunnable.updateSyncDb(RepositoryActivateRunnable.java:241)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.runnables.RepositoryActivateRunnable.doRun(RepositoryActivateRunnable.java:108)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.runnables.Runnable.run(Runnable.java:35)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.jobs.RepositoryActivateJob.doRun(RepositoryActivateJob.java:27)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.jobs.RepositoryJob$3.doRun(RepositoryJob.java:268)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.jobs.RepositoryJob$SubTask.run(RepositoryJob.java:181)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.jobs.RepositoryJob$SubTasks.run(RepositoryJob.java:140)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.dwb.team.internal.jobs.RepositoryJob.run(RepositoryJob.java:262)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

HANA Server is rev. 72, tried different Studio & Clients from rev. 72 to 74.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_lemen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please confirm if the developer performing the activate/change id has these HANA system privileges:

REPO.MODIFY_OWN_CONTRIBUTION

REPO.MODIFY_CHANGE

I expect the user has the second privilege, possibly the first privilege is missing.

I hope this helps,
Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

thanks, it seems the developer did not have these privileges so we added them, but unfortunately this does not change things at all. We still get the same exception when activating objects.

best regards,

Tobias

erik_lemen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

On my system (and a couple of other customer's systems) the NPE was caused by missing one or more of these REPO.* System Privileges.  Are you able to try the workflow with a user account such as SYSTEM or a user with whom all of the REPO.* privileges are added, to confirm if it is the same underlying cause.

If not, you may want to open a support incident and provide WTS access to your environment.

Thanks,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

you were right. It was both, a bug in the HANA studio and a missing permission. The bug was fixed in the meantime and instead of a NPE I now got the message correctly mentioning that the "REPO.ACTIVATE_IMPORTED_OBJECTS" permission was missing.

Thanks,

Tobias

Answers (0)