cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Updation of Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I have a quick question in working with views..

I have a view inserted in my universe, and  we have added 4 new columns to that view at DB level.

and before to the addition of these columns 2 reports were generated from the universe which is built on the view...

now in My universe designer in universe pane, the objects are automatically updated for all the new columns which are added to the view, how to avoid this automatic updation of objects in universe pane for the columns added to the view.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have refreshed the view after (only view not the entire structure) after inserting new columns and after that I did not do any thing. and after checking I found that under the class created for that view previously , I was able to see the objects(dimensions) for the newly added columns.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

I think there is no auto updation of tables/Views, in the Data Foundation Editor, select Refresh Structure from the Detect menu.

Then only refreshing the structure of a data foundation compares the existing tables in the data foundation with those in data source and proposes updates to the data foundation tables: deletes obsolete tables and columns, inserts missing columns, and updates changed columns.

Thanks

Sreeni

former_member219634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The update of universe according to DB is happen when you make 'refresh structure' from 'View' in the menu.

Best Regards

Ines

Sujit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "the objects are automatically updated for all the new columns". Are you saying the dimension & measure objects are automatically  in objects pane? or the View in the Universe Schema pane is automatically reflecting the newly added columns?

If its the former, you can right click on the objects (selecting the object) and change the access level to private or hidden if you do not want to display it to the users.

And the views will show the new columns only when you refresh the structure of the Universe, without refresh it will not display the updated status.

Let me know if this helps.

Sujit