Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB - BP SRM 7.0

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have to upgrade our ERP system on EHP 4 to EHP 6. This system has SRM Server 7.0 as an add-on. An entreprise portal is also connected to this system. Before starting the upgrade, I have to correctly define these two systems in LMDB. Everything seems to be correct excepted that the verification check mentions that the component BP SRM 7.0 in not covered by product instances. So, I have added manually the product instance Portal Content SRM to the portal but the verification check returns the following error:

Cannot recognize product instance SAP SRM 7.0 - Portal Content SRM

Could someone guide me on how to define correctly this business package in LMDB ?

Best regards,

Nicolas Vander Auwera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the definition of SRM Portal Content.

If your system does not have all the elements, or the requisite instances are not defined in LMDB, the instances will not be recognized by the verification check. This is not an error of the verification check, but an incomplete install of SRM Portal Content .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for your answer.

I came to the same conclusion. In fact, SRM Java has not been installed in the system... which is strange because SRM seems to work correctly.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas

what is your Solution Manage SP level?

The preferred way of creating system landscape information in the Landscape Management Database (LMDB) is automatic system registration

Please check the below links:

Register Technical Systems Automatically by Data Suppliers - Managing System Landscape Information -...

SAP Netweaver 7.3x hub systems upgrade - ERP Upgrade - SCN Wiki

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra kakani

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas

check if you are using SLD and in solman

As of SAP Solution Manager Release 7.1, changes to technical systems can only be made in the Technical System Editor of the LMDB. You still manage your product systems in the Solution Manager System Landscape (transaction SMSY). Some applications of SAP Solution Manager still retrieve their landscape information from transaction SMSY.

Check the above before migrating data from transaction SMSY to the LMDB

You make settings for the LMDB in the SAP Solution Manager configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP or work center SAP Solution Manager: Configuration). To do this, in the System Preparation, for the step Prepare Landscape, choose the substep Set Up LMDB.

Also refer notes as below ....

Note 1721112 - Product System Verification Messages in the LMDB

1830716 - Landscape Verification gives an error 'Cannot recognize installed product instance X - Y'

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/3a/0f2676ccb4413b9fee695e126cde24/content.htm

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

Our SolMan release is 7.1 SP11 (the last one). Since SP10, SMSY became obsolete (if I understand it well). Both systems are connected to the SLD and it is correctly configured in the SolMan with SOLMAN_SETUP. LMDB is also correctly configured.

I will check notes you mention and I will come back if I found a solution (or not ).

Best regards,

Nicolas