cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori apps not show in launchpad after UI Add-on SP08 updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before I update the UI Add-on SP08, my Fiori is working fine. Launchpad will display the apps, Approve Purchase Order, Purchase Requisitions. After I update the UI Add-on SP08, once I login to my account the launchpad is empty. Then I try to add click on Open Catalog, it don't have any respond. Any idea what is problem? I tried with the search (quite buggy), it able to search the apps and sometime I click on it then will bring me to the apps but sometime it no respond when I click on it.

These are the roles that in my users. I didn't do any changes with it.

But if I go to the admin page, /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html it able to shows all the apps.

Kindly advise.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regenrate the profile of role and assign user in which you assigned Services (Ex. R3TR IWSG SRA020_PO_TRACKING_SRV_0001 etc ) as per your application snd object S_SERVICE and S_RFCAL

Regards

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian...

any luck trying to display the app tiles in the home screen.

Im experiencing the same issue.

Guillermo Saenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I requested SAP OSS for support to check. Apparently they did nothing but the Fiori seems like working as normal after their checking.

Please try to apply all the required SAP Notes.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1957334

0 Kudos

Hahahhaa very suspicious...

I solved it. I was able to see the tiles again after deleting the /UI2/CACHE table contents. Use /UI2/DELETE_CACHE report.

Just wanted you to know it.

Memo Saenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see.
Sorry to say I have no idea what they did. They claimed they did nothing to my server.
Maybe yours is the solution for it.

Thanks for sharing.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

When you apply SAP_UI SP09, take a look SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP09 update troubleshooting.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

i am facing the exact issue which you posted here. I too have opened a SAP OSS ticket after applying all necessary SAP notes and not positive outcome. What would interest me is to see your SAPUI5 version with SP08 - if you are still on SP08. Could you post me a screen shot of your SAPUI5 version via <server>:<port>/sap/public/bc/ui5_ui5/index.html?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hallo Adrian,

did you clear the browser cache ? May be it will work afterwards...

Regards,

Maximilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried. But is not working. this UI SP08 updates seem like have some problems. When I try to search, it will appear the Approve PO apps. Sometime I click on it able to launch the apps, sometime no respond.

Then the Open Catalog on left panel. Once I remove all the roles for the user, when click on the Open Catalog it will appear the screen but sometime after added the roles it got no respond also.

0 Kudos

Have you checked the Note 1957334. There are some fixes, recommened after the installation of SP08...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checking it.
Is it only for SAP NetWeaver 7.00, 7.01, 7.02, 7.03 or 7.31? Because I'm using 7.40.

0 Kudos

You have to check the single notes, if it is relevant for you. But I think almost every note will be relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied the SAP Notes. Restart the instance. Seem like no hope. Still the same.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Can you please let us know which app you are looking for in Launchpad and also please mention the roles you added to the respective user id in ECC & NW gateway system.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before updates everything is fine. I'm using the Approve PO/PR apps. Right after updates, it is not shown in Launchpad.

Now is empty. Click on Open Catalog, no respond.

Search apps, it will show. Not sure why have 2 apps, might be the old and new version. Click on it sometime no respond in Chrome and Safari. Only works in IE.

This is my components

And here is the roles I assigned. Didn't do any changes at all.

Thanks.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

You need to have the below roles in NW Gateway for PO & PR approval.

PO - SAP_APP002_MM_PO_APR

PR - SAP_APP001_MM_PR_APR

For ECC:

PO - SAP_MM_PO_APV_APP

PR - SAP_MM_PR_APV_APP

Please make sure you have above roles in both ECC & NW Gateway system for the same id. So, that you can view the apps in Launchpad.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Added. But still not working.

Gateway and ECC6 EHP7 in the same server.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Please check have you activated the services, also check the Fiori Installation guide and whether all steps are configured.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiori/fiori10_install_en.pdf

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The Launchpad was working fine before update. Just after update to this SP then caused this problem. By using IE, the search panel is working and can launch the apps while Chrome and Firefox is not working.

Here is the screenshot that I can launch the PO apps. But the tiles just not shown in Launchpad landing page.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Have you implemented required notes?

Then you can find the OData URI for getting tiles information. Please post the OData URI and the response.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I had implemented the required notes as below.

Thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

I see you have not installed all required notes. Please make sure you read note description and implement the notes mentioned the main note. UI5 libraly notes are missing in your system.

Regards, Masa

JohnnyKeogh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Have you provided the UI2 roles for your user ?

SAP_UI2_USER_700

SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700

If using admin role you may need to add S_DEVELOP as this seems to have come in as mandatory with SP08 for admin user role at least: Authorizations - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Other issue that can occur after an upgrade may be inconsistent personalization.

Please clear a test users personalization from the wd_analyze_config_user application and see if that helps..

Thanks,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Applied the sub SAP Notes.

Think this time I didn't miss any.

Still no luck on it. It still empty. Realized the Open Catalog change to Tile Catalog.

And now using IE, I also unable search the apps and click on it.
Another thing I realized for the admin page, it shows as below.the apps got error.

Could this is the reason?

Thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Please let us know the OData URI which does not return any tile information. Also double check the role assignment.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Hmm it seem no OData URI is loaded.

Current roles for the user.

JohnnyKeogh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Please run an authorization trace in ST01 for the tested user:

Authorization Trace in transaction ST01 - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

There have been some new auth objects required for SP08.

The trace output will at least inform you if have an authorization issue (most likely with UI2 authorizations).

Thanks,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

Tried. But no records reads.

Thanks.