cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL158- Delivery does not allow the required change

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have DWM (distributed warehouse),

We create purchase order against which inbound delivery is created. This inbound delivery is replicated from ECC to DWM through IDOCS.

Process is

1. ECC client – inbound delivery is created

2. DWM client – Inb deliv through idoc replicated

3. In DWM goods received done (vl32n), idoc created

4. In ECC idoc should be replicated, idoc is created but with error 51 which further shows error of VL158-DELIVERY DOES NOT ALLOW THE REQUIRED CHANGE

RFC connection is good no problem with that, we are unable to identify why system is throwing this error. Can anyone assist us in resolving the issue.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor

Hi,

Please check whether the following note is applicable for you: 1080444 - VL158 cross-docking inbound delivery GR posting from EWM

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AKPT,

This note is not all relevant,if you see the question it is a different message.thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The detail to error message VL158 explains 4 possible reasons for this message

(go to SE91, enter the the message number, click display and in next screen select the message and click long text to see this detail)

Then check which of the 4 could be the reason for your case.

What you want to do with IDOC can usually be done manually too, hence you could check if it is possible to perform this activity manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

yes i already checked that it gives below options:

• The purchase orders could not be found
  • An invalid purchase order was entered
  • Confirmation is not possible
  • The conversion is not allowed

In my case we have vaild PO for the inbound delivery.

Doing manual activity is the last option which we are already doing for documents with similar errors. We manually create new Inb Delivery and do GR and delete the inb delivery which has error.

Manual option is time consuming.

Any other clue?

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is your IDOC created which has the VL158 error? Is this completely a SAP standard, or is there an own development involved?

I suspect that the error is then in the data of this IDOC if the process in general works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The process is inbound is replicated in DWM from ECC.

Then using vl32n GR is done for inbound delivery. Once GR is done then IDOC is created in sending system DWM and also in receiving system (ECC).

But the Idoc in receiving system is created with error 51.

Manual process is :

Delete the inbound delivery for which GR is not getting replicated in ECC. Then create new Inbound delivery and do GR manually so that stock in ECC and DWM remains same.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please give more detail on that: Once GR is done then IDOC is created in sending system DWM and also in receiving system (ECC).

What IDoc is it? How is it created.

What do you mean by created in receiving system? dont you send the IDoc from DWM to ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The process is:

1 - ECC - PO created

2 - ECC - Inbound delivery is created

3 - ECC - Outbound Idoc (message type: SHP_IBDLV_SAVE_REPLICA) is created

4 - DWM - Inbound Idoc(message type: SHP_IBDLV_SAVE_REPLICA) is replicated in DWM, which          helps in creating inbound delivery in DWM system

5 - DWM - Once material has arrived goods are received in DWM system

6 - DWM - Outbound Idoc(message type: SHP_IBDLV_CONFIRM_DECEN) is created in DWM

7 - ECC - Inbound Idoc(SHP_IBDLV_CONFIRM_DECENTRAL) is replicated in ECC so that goods can      also be received in ECC, this balances the stock in ECC and DWM 

The error is in 7th step, the idoc is created with status message 51 and gives the error of "VL158- Delivery does not allow the required change"

I hope this explains the whole process

regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this happen to all ECC - Inbound Idoc(SHP_IBDLV_CONFIRM_DECENTRAL ?

Or is this failure on for certain cases, e.g. partial deliveries, batch split items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It doesn't happen for all the deliveries with the inbound idoc (SHP_IBDLV_CONFIRM_DECENTRAL)

Trying to ascertain the pattern, however I noticed it in 2 deliveries having batch split line items.

regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are about 60 notes for the IDOC, and 10 for SHP_IBDLV_CONFIRM_DECENTRAL batch split

Since these notes are pretty much dependent on your release level, I would suggest you check them yourself.

I haven't seen any directly related to the VL158 error, but many of them could be the potential root cause.

you may need to debug to be sure what the root cause is. I found this message number in program MV50AF0B_BESTELLUNG_EKES_FUELL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried to look among those notes none of them look much relevant to us. Now only option left is do the debugging and check. Try to manually post IDOC in debug mode and see what could be the issue.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got the solution below:

The root cause of the error  is missing entry in EKES table. Inbound delivery item 900001 is in the table but Inbound delivery item 900002 is missing in EKES.

So there is a need to install the report in note 1130335 and use it to re-create EKES.

Please read KBA 2006809 as well.

regards

Anand

Answers (0)