cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during scheduling while running Run order sequencing in PPR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

An error saying 'Error during scheduling' is logged while running Run order sequencing in Production Planning Run and the job is failed.

Checked the capacity of the resource but seems ok.

The below long text is displayed next to the error message.

Error during scheduling

Message no. /SAPAPO/OM043

Diagnosis

The system could not schedule an order, operation or activity.

This could have the following causes:

• The resource does not have any free working time or capacity.
  • If you have set planning direction backwards in the strategy profile:
    There is not enough working time or capacity available for scheduling between now and the scheduling date.
  • If you have set planning direction forwards in the strategy profile:
    There is not enough working time or capacity available for scheduling between the scheduling date and the end of the planning area.
  • If you plan characteristics-dependently:
    You have assigned characteristics to operations of the order that do not agree with characteristics of the resources on which the operations are to be processed.
    The system cannot find any suitable characteristics on the resources and so it cannot schedule.

Procedure

Depending on which of the above reasons is the cause, change the following settings:

• Change the working times and capacities of the resources.
  • Set the planning mode "infinite planning" in the strategy profile.
  • Activate the planning direction forwards or backwards and reverse in the strategy profile.
  • Change the characteristics that you have assigned to the resource.

Can anyone let me know what else need to check to avoid the error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to use strategy settings deallocate instead of terminate in case of error to avoid job failure.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maddy,

The function "Reschedule" follows an all-or-nothing logic, which means that either all selected activities on a resource can be re-scheduled or the function (better the liveCache) cancels and no activities will be re-scheduled.

One reason might be that you have a pegging relation to a fixed activity (this might be a sales order, forecast, an activity outside the propagation range...) which cannot be considered during the
scheduling. The liveCache cannot break the pegging, therefore it cancels the scheduling.

Please have a look at the note 510669 which offers a heuristic on the basis of the algorithm /SAPAPO/HEUR_PLAN_SEQ_PACKAGES. This heuristic should solve your problem. It will re-schedule as many activities as possible and will not cancel if one fails.

Depending on your current release there could be also some correction notes like

I hope I could help you further.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tibor,

Thanks for inputs.

When i try to run the heuristic for the time profile where it is failing from scheduling board i could not see any issue.

Also the issue is only on one resource and is intermittent means for one week it runs fine but other week it fails.

can anyone please let me know where we can see the failed orders while scheduling/rescheduling.

Regards

Maddy

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maddy,

first of all if you want to avoid the Job failure you can follow as advised by Santosh,

Or else check whether you have used consider maximum interval in your strategy parameter for dependent objects  , please remove it .It'll work fine...

Regards

Debashis