cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with no receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

There is a scenario where we are asked to create an interface with no receiver. The Business need is that Data will be sent from Source to XI however this data is not needed to be sent to any Target and also a Dummy response needs to be sent to the Source system from XI. This is a very peculiar interface that we need to design and also suggested not to create any Dummy Receiver.There are similar interfaces running for other markets however for one market data is not required to be send to the Target but due to some compliance the Source will send the data to XI. How to achieve this scenario where there is no receiver? We are using PI 7.1.

Regards,

Shaibayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaibayan,

You have to add receiver value in receiver determination step without which you can not activate object.

You can add there any dummy value

and

select "Ignore" option if no receiver found in receiver determination step

also add some dummy condition in reciever determination so that this dummy reciever will not be evaluated.

This way message will not go to dummy receiver as well and message will be received by SAP PI.

---Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

I will definitely try this out. Can you put some light on the synchronous response that needs to be sent to the source system directly?

Shaibayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try it out with sync inbound interface as well...

I am not sure in this kind of scenario if PI sends response back...

--Divyesh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

Without creating a dummy receiver can this scenario be achieved by BPM? If so do you have any idea on how to do this?

Regards,

Shaibayan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Guys, this is wrong business requirement. This should be clearly stated to the business that they are requesting to send something what is not required and moving responsibility on SAP PI side to filter these not required data. It should not be big customization effort to filter these messages on sender system side. I don't understands these requirements where somebody is requesting other team to solve their issues. So in this case sender system is requiring produce unnecessary load on:
- sender system - create message, store it in source system database and send it

- network - transfer message to SAP PI

- middle ware - receive this message, store it in database and process it

SAP PI has capability to cover this requirement by setting "ignore errors" in receiver determination step. But please consider the above explanation first. I believe that also source system should be able to filter not required messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Did you find any workaround/solution? I have similar case to solve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. We used the same business system as sender and the receiver. In mapping we had to create a new mapping were in we took Source structure for one interface and Target structure of the receiver interface.

Example:

Existing Code:

Interface1 : Source1 -->Target1

Interface2 : Source2 --> Target2

New Code : Source1 -->Target2

New Operation Mapping.

In ID we took one sender channel from Interface1 and took the receiver from the other interface and used the same Business system for both.

So 2 interface which were (BS1)File->JDBC(BS2) and (BS2)JDBC-->File(BS1) were reduced as (BS1)File-->File(BS1)

Necessary Interface determination and others were created.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case its synchronous i.e  SOAP(Request) ---> PI(JDBC Lookup) ---->SOAP(Response). we have to respond back to the SOAP in same call. How to acheive this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use similar approach and if you are not actually quering the DB then you can create a Dummy RFC/BAPI in XI and may be create a DUmmy cross ref table in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am executing a SQL procedure and fetching the result via a Java Mapping. How can we do this in Single Stack Configuration?

Please elaborate what you mean by Dummy Cross Reference table, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the Asynchronous scenario the issue is resolved by making the same component act as sender and receiver. We had to create a new mapping and new receiver channel.

Sender--XI--Sender is how it looks.

We are still pondering on how to achieve this for the synchronous interface as a WS call is made via SOAP adapter and the synchronous call is sent back via the same SOAP adapter.

Regards,
Shaibayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think, the best and easy solution would be to create a java server proxy and send some static dummy response every time this interface flow is executed.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaibayan,

I think its is not possible to create a scenario without any receiver.

you can try using same sender and receiver and instead of synch response from PI you can send an asynch message back to the sender.

Thanks

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Is it possible to make the Integration Process as the receiver and route the message to the source system?

Regards,

Shaibayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, IP usually work as a sender or receiver with respect to PI.

but I am still not clear with your requirement, whats the need of IP here?

however, here are the two possible ways of doing this as per your need:

Use IP:

Source system--> PI--> BPM(manipulate the message)

BPM --> PI --> source system

without IP:

Source system--> PI--> source system

Thanks

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

There are interfaces both Sync and Asyc running between Source1 and Target1.

For other markets it runs normally.

However for one such market the requirement is that data will be sent to PI from Source1 however the target system Target1 doesn't want to receive and instead XI creating a dummy success message back to Sourc1 system.

If as you suggested I should do it as Source1 --> XI --> Source1 then what should be the receiver channel,sender agreement,receiver agreement,Interface determination and receiver determination be configured. Also some scenarios are synchronous and some asynchronous.

Regards,

Shaibayan

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This type of error can cause by many way.such as

Receiver interface is not active

problem with Receiver Agreement

problem with input payload filed that Determine  Receiver and Receiver Determination condition  should not match etc.......

Have you also checked the ID cache for successful activation by going to ID -> Environment -> Cache Status?

refer the below link.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2093325

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

I think you have not gone through the problem description. I did not mentioned about Receiver error but a scenario where it seems there will not be any receiver. The challenge is to route the message using a dummy response back to the sender as a synchronous interface.

Regards,

Shaibayan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaibayan,

May be this isn't an easy way, but you can consider to do a custom adapter or adapter module to deal with a dummy receiver. (Custom Adapter Module Development - SAP PI 7.1 - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki)

Regards.