cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM Error Phase REV_DTTRANS/STARTSAP_DTTRANS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are experiencing error when we try to restart the update of our SP11for Solution Manager using SUM. Can you please assist us on how to resolve this issue? Or how do we terminate the update and start a new update? Please see screenshot attached and also attached log.

We tried to restore the old SUM folder and reset the update but we came across this error. We can't proceed on starting the SAP instance in SAPMMC

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We can now access our GUI after the DB restore. But what we can't do is release a TR in SE10. The error says that cannot release TR, Upgrade is still running. We have cleared the buffer already but the TR can't still be released. The SUM update is also ended.

How do we resolve this?

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We can now access our GUI after the DB restore. But what we can't do is release a TR in SE10. The error says that cannot release TR, Upgrade is still running. We have cleared the buffer already but the TR can't still be released. The SUM update is also ended.

How do we resolve this?

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Almira,

Can we just restore our last DB backup even not terminating SUM then just restart SUM

Only applicable if :

a) Backup which you have taken before entering into downtime phase.

b) You've taken the backup of usr/sap directory and SUM directory before downtime phase

c) Restore entire usr direcotry, if your SUM is in other location you need to restore SUM also.

d) Reset update from SUM graphical user inter phase.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

Now restoring the database, but we encountered an error. How do we proceed on this? Please see screenshot below:

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Please follow SCN thread

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have done the system restore, and i also again uncar the SUM. Then about to start a new fresh upgrade again. But when i try to login to SAP GUI, i can't login since the message below displays "Upgrade still running. logon not possible." But DDIC can login. How do i terminate the upgrade? Since i'll be doing a fresh upgrade from SUM. And also as i checked sapmmc, it is on yellow, the AS Java Process Table has stopped status for server0. Is this related to the upgrade?

Please see screenshot below:

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

Please follow SCN link

and SAP mass user lock/unlock at OS level - SAP BASIS Tuts

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

can you paste the dev_w0 and dev_disp log files from work directory.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Please see attached logs.

One question. Can we just restore our last DB backup even not terminating SUM then just restart SUM by uncar of new .SAR files?

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Almira,

Can you please upgrade your kernel to 720 patch 400 and then try to start your sap system.

-You can restore the DB backup , just before the upgrade started.

- Then extract the SUM sar file and again start the upgrade.

-Before that try to upgrade the kernel.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

My kernel is on version 720 with patch level 401 already. Should I know just restore DB? The steps onrestoring DB would just be stop my SAP services and SAPMMC then restore the backup file on MSSQL right?

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joyce

I suggest it is not a good idea to terminate the Update in pre-processing Phase.

Please check the below sap note on  about  error sapcontrol.exe exit code-2.

Note 1600846 - JSPM/SUM calls sapcontrol without user credential

start sap Manually and try repeat the step from where it failed.

if it is failing to start SAP, please check  from MMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra,

We did the startsap manually and try to repeat the step from where it failed but another error appeared. Please see below screenshot.

How should we resolve this?

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce

From the above screen shot ,it seems that system is failing to start, please look in to log files (work directory) why SAP is not starting.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra kakani

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Almira,

As per my understandings you want to reset upgrade

how do we terminate the update and start a new update?

Please follow SCN discussion

and also recommending SAP Note  417670 - Addnl information on resetting upgrade as of Release 6.10

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes we want to reset the update. We wanted follow note 417670 but we can't start the logon since there is an error DBIF_RSQL_TABLE_UNKNOWN occured. P1=ABAP-gen. With that, we can't run the report RSUPGRES. Please see screenshot below:

Please assist us on resolving this.

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ