cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check mode in APO product master

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - it is understood from SAP HELP that the check mode in the product master corresponds to the requirement class in ECC. I tried to understand for my case but couldn't get it. Below is the snap from SAP doc which explains this case. Can anyone please elaborate on this so I can understand it clear. I basically want to know exactly from where the check mode is getting updated in APO. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GC,

Requirement class is determined in ECC.  There can be more than one way it is determined, the illustration you have supplied is an example of how default Strategy 40 determines the default of two different requirements classes; one for Planned Independent Requirements, and one for Sales Requirements.  You can see this in ECC by looking at the configuration for a Planning Strategy (OPPS).  Strategy group determines Strategy,  Strategy determines requirements TYPE, and requirements type determines requirements CLASS (OVZH/OVZG).

During sales order processing, the sales order contains a requirements type (which as I said before, can be determined by the ECC Planning strategy, but also can be determined in other ways).  When ATP is triggered in ECC for execution in SCM, the requirements TYPE in the Sales Doc determines a requirements CLASS, which is sent to APO for ATP processing.  Requirements CLASS is integrated in SCM as CHECK MODE.

When a new SCM system is delivered, there are usually no check Modes defined; YOU have to do that.  You select the Requirements classes you wish to manage (from ECC) and you define them in SCM.  They can behave the same as in ECC, or you can make them behave differently.

So, when a sales order arrives in SCM from ECC, for an availability check, and containing a requirements class, the sales order goes to the SCM configuration you have created, looks up the CHECK MODE that you created, and performs the availability check according to YOUR configuration.

Best Regards,

DB49

dvd_turcotte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Is there a way to read check mode from Product Master and not from ECC ATP check into SCM.

I notice that if I change check mode from Z11 to Z12 in APO only ... it's not reading Z12 during ATP check. It keeps Z11.

Thanks for your help and clarification.

DVD

Answers (0)