cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help need for Sending Asyn response to Sync Request in SAP PI 7.4 Single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am struck at one step while configuring  the Design .

What I am working on  is given below :

Legacy System (WebClient System) will send a Request to PI . then  PI in turn needs to send back the response message which is already present in the shared folder (Target) .In order to achieve the below requirement i am following Sync/Async  Bridge method without BPM .

Here is what i did so far .

I have configured 2 ICO : One ICO for Request message . and Second ICO for Response message .

( Legacy System Sends a Sync Request) ---->(SOAP Sender adapter )-------> PI (Request Mapping is performed with all the steps OM,MM) ---->Using File Receiver )-->abc.trg File is placed in the shared folder .

Second ICO :

File Sender Channel ------>Picks the File with Filename abc.xml which is already present in the shared folder ----->And sends as a Async Response back to the Sync SOAP channel awaiting for response .

My File Receiver Channel has been configured as below :

And my File Sender channel has been configured as below :

I have done all the setting as per the  Sync/Async Bridge . But when i send the sample test message using SOAP UI tool . Using first ICO Request message is able to place into the target shared folder without any issues . But Message fails with the below status :

Transmitting the message using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error encountered while executing mapping: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException: Could not determine mapping steps for message f892ee09-e329-11e3-80e2-00000033a036

I need a solution here .

Note : Request message will have filename  as abc.trg  (Dynamically set at mapping level) .  As soon as abc,trg reaches target folder then abc.xml has to to be picked by PI and send the abc.xml  as a Response back to Requested sender system .

Please suggest any suitable solution .

Regards,

Aziz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot to add the screen shots here they are

File Receiver Channel

In Second ICO : I have configured the sender FileChannel as below

This file sender channel will pick the file based on the trigger file concept . if abc.trg then pick the mainpaylaod with extension   abc.xml .

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about rename the filename of the 1st ICo receiver to its SAP PI Message ID then use it to correlate the message ID in the 2nd ICo? I managed to solve it with my design in this link.

This link is also helpful: