cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z* Roles not getting imported in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have finally established the methodology and this error is not coming any more. However, by Role import process via NWBC, I could import only SAP defined roles and no Z* roles were imported. Thus while raising a request, could see only SAP Defined roles, and Z* ones.

Trouble shooting steps done till now:

• Checked SLG1 – No specific logs
  • Ran Role sync job- No luck
  • Entered From role: Z* while importing – Not working

Please help resolving this query.

Thanks a bunch,

Regards,

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your great help. I will try uploading them by file from desktop option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Please implement note 1897975 in plugin system. It will solve the problem.

This is applicable for single roles, to import composite roles it is necessary to have relevant single roles uploaded into GRC.

Role synch job brings entries into table GRACRLCONN while once you upload them they are updated in GRACROLE

BR,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thabks for the reply. We have applied the note in Grc System and its not working. Please confirm if you meant to implement the note in Ecc sYtem connected to GRC system.

Z roles exist in the gracrlconn table.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Shruti

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shruti,

Yes you have to implement the said note in your backend system.

Regards,

Neeraj Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

I already mention it is applicable for plugin system, means backend system.

please implement it there

BR,

Mangesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti

Which SP are you on for the plug-in systems. This scenario has been raised a few times ( )

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

SP is 9. Please suggest if I need to uploading the roles By the option of file from desktop.

Thanks

Regards

Shruti

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You might want to review the current SP you are on since it is quite old. SP10 introduced decentralised FF as example.

The link I posted before contains a reference to a SAP Note. Talk to your basis team to see if it should be applied to your system. This was a known issue that Z* roles could not be imported to GRC which is what you describe as your issue

Regards

Colleen

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont remember notes number which need to be implemented on plug-in system.

Would advice to import role using file from desktop

Regards,

Prasant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shruti,

Can you please check if you could find Z* roles in GRACRLCONN table? After roles sync, all roles should reflect here for respective connector.

Another problem could be authorization. Though the roles are imported, they are not searchable to users based upon the designed authorization. Please check GRAC_ROLED or GRAC_ROLEP authorization objects for this.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

These roles do appear in the GRACRLCONN Table. Also, I am trying to do the task and I have Sap_all.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Regards

Shruti